Injured and can't exercise!

Options
took a nasty fall on my way back from the Isle of Wight Festival on Friday night. Cracked/bruised a few ribs and have a lovley black eye! The rib thing is causing me LOTS of pain when I try to do anything. Guess I am going to have to rest up until I heal...its just so frustrating! Grrrrrr!

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    try and just do some leg exercises til then. hope it heals fast!
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    Pleae concentrate on your breathing exercises! I know it hurts badly, but if you "hold in" your deep breaths, your lungs will weaken and you can get pneumonia! Its a very easy thing to happen! I know you cant exercise.. heck, you probably cant walk hardly without pain, but try to stand more often and switch your weight from foot to foot. Anything is better than just sitting! I hope you get well soon!!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    How was the festival? Never been even though I lived there for over 5 years and am still only across the water, lol. I never fancied the crowds. Hope your ribs heal quickly, I would hate, hate, hate to not be able to keep active.
  • Hood25
    Hood25 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm so sorry that your cool time ended in injury. That sux! Well now your hurt for awhile so try and concentrate on your eating to keep you focused. You need to baby yourself so you heal completely and correctly. You definitely don't want to have reoccuring injuries from this. Pamper your health so you can kick butt when you get better.

Get better soon girlie!!
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    OM I guess with the ribs injured you can't even do anything that causes you to breathe heavily.

I dunno, maybe just diet for a bit? Hope you get better in a jiffy, and please update us :heart:
  • SnowWight
    SnowWight Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Aww, thanks for the replies. As a nurse I am aware of the risk of chest infections following a chest injury. You're right, it hurts to do just about anything! Quite proud of my black eye as at the grand old age of 42, I have never had one before. Tripped over uneven pavement and went straight down on my face outside the men's toilets! Class huh? Still I had a whole bunch of men kindly pick me up after. Wow though, rib injuries hurt like hell! Still I made it back to see Bruce Springsteen...can't miss The Boss!