4 lb loss in a month after hard work. confused

Options
13»

Replies

• smanning1982
    smanning1982 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    If this last month is the month you got really serious about excercise and started lifting weights 3 times a week you have probably lost more fat and gained muscle which is why it's only showing 4 lb loss. You probably lost your normal 10 pounds of fat and gaines 6 pounds of muscle which is great!
  • Blazinbarbz
    Options
    its not a plateu, i just got out of one 1.5-2 months ago.. this diet is bran spankin new. i may not be doing it 100% right, but i have the right idea.. just have to plan it out better.

i see my sodium intake is a little higher than most so yeah theres alot of things i need to work on but that's okay with me :P i'll re weight myself this sunday to see if it really was water weight like i was predicting and i'll let you guys in with the results
  • Blazinbarbz
    Options
    also.. for anybody who is interested in seeing my before, during, and current.. i'll try to get together my pictures right now after i finish these dishes :P
  • jgarrity2
    jgarrity2 Posts: 5
    Options
    Not sure why, but I lose a couple of pounds, and then put one back on, without changing anything I am doing. I am Type 2 diabetic, so that makes it harder they tell me, to lose weight, but not impossible. My nutritionist said that exercise by itself does not take off weight initially, but after the weight is off, it helps keep it off. Makes sense, I think. Besides, most people who seriously exercise also make other more healthy changes like in their diet. But that still does not explain why I do not lose weight faster, either. Very frustrating, but if I quit, then I go right back to weak heart, erratic blood sugars. I have 2 titanium valves in my heart, along with an AICD-automatic implanted cardiac defibrillator-fancy term for those shock paddles that you sometimes see used on people whose hearts stopped. Also a pacemaker and a stent. More metal in my heart than muscle, I think. Heart strength is back, and I want to keep it that way. Need to lose about 50 pounds total, and my diabetes may be a non-issue. I do not understand why I am not more successful at this. I do the weights and machines at the gym 2 times a week, bike and walk. Nuts!!:
  • RuthieCass
    RuthieCass Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    thank you! but understand that on the weekends i don't always log everything i eat. especially when i'm on my refeed carbs day.. i count the heavy carb stuff (like subs or whatever i choose to eat) but apart from that i guess i just dont eat too much because i'm down right scared. today for example, i logged in all my food. everything. even from the gum, and the scoops of myo fiber i drank (i dont usually do that)

i do agree i need a food scale because i'm eyeballing my chicken and shrimp.. my tilapia already comes pre cut at 8 oz so i dont worry about that..

for instance, i just posted my diary up of today, today was a carb day along with yesterday and i just felt like i ate SO much! i feel like tomorrow i'm going to wake up fat. ugh i hate having this fat mentality

i need a hrm to measure the cals i'm burning accurately and a scale to do everything accurtaely, but for the most part i eat the same stuff everyday.. so i agree i will have to look into more low carb and no carb recipes to spice my life up and maybe that'll make me want to eat more! hopefully....
    thanks guys :)

Oh, I see. I was wondering why you said you ate at those macro levels but it was not completely reflected in your diary. But it sounds like you are on the right track. Just need some tweaking here and there. However, I do think that you should log everything. One, it keeps you accountable. Two, it gives you a concrete record that you can look back on if something goes "wrong" w/ your diet/weight loss. And three, it can help you with planning. Sometimes I log meals a couple days in advance just to see how I can tweak things to improve my macro ratios. And the planning part gets easier as you go on.

One thing to remember is that your weight loss is not going to be linear. It will generally (and should) slow as you lose weight. It's normal to not lose anything for a week, maybe two. I often see people getting upset over a week-long "plateau." IMO, it's not a plateau unless it's over 3 weeks. Be patient with your body. If you are consistently doing the right thing, your weight should come down.