Is anyone else unbelievably sore?

Options
I've really out done myself this time. I stopped working out for about six weeks, and made the terrible mistake of picking up where I left off.

I tried out the Brazilian Butt Lift workout. Based on the infomercial I thought it was going to be something that I could ease into; yeah, right! It was given to me by a friend who claimed it was too hard for her. I thought it would be perfect. I felt like I was in the squat position for about a half hour straight. Once I was through, I had the audacity to get on the treadmill for another half hour. I worked out again today, but there is no way in hell I'm doing it again tomorrow.

I say a small prayer for strength every time I have to get up. Anyone else suffering? What's your story?

Replies

• curvykim78
    curvykim78 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    I'm in pain!! Almost 10 hours of yardwork today in the sun...FML...without sunscreen. I was so busy I didn't put anything on and now I'm sore & sunburned. I took 800mg ibuprofen, 2 prescription muscle relaxers, and aloe vera gel. :(
  • BaileyBoo13524
    BaileyBoo13524 Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I'm also very sore after starting a new workout program that incorporates weights in the routine. I did two months of Insanity which is only body weight no dumbells. Yesterday my workout had dumbells again. I can barely sit down today! YIKES! It'll get better though!
  • bestrdh
    bestrdh Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm not sore now but a couple of weeks ago I took my first spin class and oh my!!! I've always worked out off and on all of my adult life and have been plenty sore before but never like this!!! Between my butt and my legs, I didn't know which was worse. My legs felt like they were going to give out on me, I thought I was going to fall going down the stairs getting out of the gym!! For days I had to go down the stairs going sideways one step at a time....it was BAD!!! Definately used muscles I don't use on a daily basis EVER!!! I've taken spin again but am super careful because it was so painful I debated going in to the Dr. and getting checked out, luckily it subsided VERY SLOWLY after 2 weeks!
  • jennipea382
    jennipea382 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am! My arms are pretty painful right now. I haven't done any lifting (other than a little bit with some 2lb weights I have, I don't think that really counts, haha) in a long time, so I decided to start. I did a bunch of arm work on Sunday. Not too much, but enough that I was pretty sore! Then last night I was at a friend's house and I spent a good amount of time holding their 10 month old, so that didn't help. Today I went for a long walk so now.. my arms are ready to kill me haha. Legs aren't doing too bad though.. a little sore from the walk but not bad :-)
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    Rest is just as important as exercise and diet.
    Don't over-train, or you can expect some huge setbacks.
    Believe it!
  • MLgarcia3
    MLgarcia3 Posts: 503
    Options
    I'm sore for days after stiff legged deadlifts :-)
  • 9jenn9
    9jenn9 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm not sore now but a couple of weeks ago I took my first spin class and oh my!!! I've always worked out off and on all of my adult life and have been plenty sore before but never like this!!! Between my butt and my legs, I didn't know which was worse. My legs felt like they were going to give out on me, I thought I was going to fall going down the stairs getting out of the gym!! For days I had to go down the stairs going sideways one step at a time....it was BAD!!! Definately used muscles I don't use on a daily basis EVER!!! I've taken spin again but am super careful because it was so painful I debated going in to the Dr. and getting checked out, luckily it subsided VERY SLOWLY after 2 weeks!

HA! This made me laugh (sorry to laugh at your pain). It brought back memories of my first spin class years ago. I was so sore I had to really think hard about how badly I needed to use the bathroom because I didn't think I'd be able to get up again. :blushing: But I went back. I was there again this morning.
  • bestrdh
    bestrdh Posts: 4 Member
    Options

HA! This made me laugh (sorry to laugh at your pain). It brought back memories of my first spin class years ago. I was so sore I had to really think hard about how badly I needed to use the bathroom because I didn't think I'd be able to get up again. :blushing: But I went back. I was there again this morning.

Yup, using the toilet was no fun either...going down or up :)!
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    Good recovery techniques:

Epsom salt baths
    Contrast showers. 60 seconds hot 60 seconds cold.
    Foam Rolling
  • tamtamzz
    tamtamzz Posts: 142
    Options
    For days I had to go down the stairs going sideways one step at a time....it was BAD!!!

Thissss!

I've been lying in bed dreaded the hell that was about to ensue. It's so much worse in the morning. I finally made it downstairs, but it took forever getting down them because I couldn't bear to go down them like a normal person.

The Epsom salt baths sound like a good idea.