New Lap-Band Member Friend me

Options
Hi,

My name is Diana and I recently had a Lap-Band Surgery on 4/4. I love this site to keep track of my eating habits so I can easily transition into real food soon. I have been over weight for all of my life and this change in my life was by far not an easy one but I felt it was my real chance at actually losing weight after many attempts of failed diets. This extreme was exactly what I need to feel mentally motivated to get healthier so I can live a long and happy life being able to do things I can't do now.

Friend me and keep me accountable lol. I seem to work best that way. lol

Ok Have a good day!

-Di ^_^

Replies

• BitofBoyer
    BitofBoyer Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey. Congrats on your surgery! I just had mine on 4/16. I have been happy with my progress so far, and have found it easier to track my calories since getting the App for this site. I would love to hear how things have been for you since you are a few weeks ahead of me.

~Meaghan
  • Moonlitedi
    Moonlitedi Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My incisions are just about healed. A bit of pinching from time to time from the port but over all better and ready to go back to work next. I'm so happy I get full quicker. Lost 14lbs since the surgery. Best decision to help me lose weight. I also like this site to help me keep track of my food and activity.

Its nice to meet you. Congrats on your surgery as well. Best of luck and dedication to all of us!
  • jsedivy
    jsedivy Posts: 14
    Options
    Hi i have been doing the pros and cons of surgery, it is meant to cure type 2 diabetes which for me would be awesome well done and be proud of your choice, hopefully it works for you
  • jsedivy
    jsedivy Posts: 14
    Options
    Ive been reading all the posts on surgery, once i see how much if any weight Ive lost tomorrow ill make the choice, Ive cut out all breads and potatoes and sugar from coffee and started eating only two weet bix for breaky, i think i need something because i loose inspiration and start eating normal foods which will kill me, one thing i noticed is no one regretted it, i need to loose 25 kilos and im very fearful of kidney disease, heart disease, blindness and loosing toes all these things can happen even if i keep my sugars low, i think its time to look very serious about it
  • jmcrawford1969
    Options
    Congratulations. I had mine on 12/9/11. Those first few weeks can be a mind trip. Just remember why you had the surgery - to make a healthier you. This site helped me a lot before surgery and I recently signed back on because I'm not making the progress I'd like to.
  • Armccarver
    Options
    Congratulations on your decision to live a healthier life and be a healthier you!

You can definitely friend me at armccarver

I also have a group called ViSalus Body Changers. Please feel free to join that too. I just made that group yesterday and want it to grow.
  • jtross1117
    jtross1117 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am 1 week today out of lap-band surgery. Would love to have you as a friend to be of support to you if i can.

:) Jenn
  • blueyednurse06
    Options
    I had lap-band with Plication surgery on 4/9/12, Would love to be friends with ya'll. :)
  • ARMYMOM1968
    Options
    I had Lap Band on January 25, 2012. Would Love to hear from you:) 45# down as of yesterday. Whoo Hoooo
  • lmds99
    lmds99 Posts: 3
    Options
    I had lap band in August of 2011. Have lost 113 pounds so far.
  • afrazier128
    afrazier128 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Just had Lap Band June 7, 2012. Friend me if supportive and real! :glasses:
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Hi i have been doing the pros and cons of surgery, it is meant to cure type 2 diabetes which for me would be awesome

My dad had this surgery a few years ago and it was a near instant cure for his type 2 diabetes. He was off insulin the next day and hasn't had to take any since then.
  • LoreneRN
    LoreneRN Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Lori I am getting my band July 18th would LOVE to have friends that have had this. Any advice?
  • mnjhowell
    mnjhowell Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had my band done in May 2009. I lost 150# but had a baby 3 weeks ago and need to lose 35. I am looking for anyone who wants to be buddies to be accountable to.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Hi i have been doing the pros and cons of surgery, it is meant to cure type 2 diabetes which for me would be awesome well done and be proud of your choice, hopefully it works for you

This was actually my main goal for having the surgery. I did not expect to be completely in remission because I have a defective pancreas in addition to extremely high insulin resistance. I was using an average of 200 units of insulin a day and was still not well controlled. Within about 2 days post op for my RNY my insulin resistance started to decline. I have not taken any glucophage since surgery and I have been taking it since I was 16. I now only use my insulin pump and I am very well controlled using about 40 units of insulin a day. I would call it a big success :)
  • shellywoodhead
    shellywoodhead Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I had my band fitted last July and reached goal in April. 128lbs lost. Add me as a friend, if anyone wants to share diaries, ideas :)
  • adry09
    adry09 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi, I just had my surgery on 3/20/2012. I lost 26lb and have 75 more to go. My Dr only does the first refill after 3 months, so I am schedule for July 18. I can not wait, I do not feel any restrictions. if was not because I log all my food and keep track of my calories, I will not got here.
    I had a very hard time the first week I lost 13lb (3/27 ), the next two weeks, i gain 2lb (4/10 . It is true that some people do not feel any restrictions? I had done this on my own before with the same results and no surgery. the problem is that I will be giving up about now!... I hope this is where the band kicks in and help me keep going
  • afrazier128
    afrazier128 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Lori I am getting my band July 18th would LOVE to have friends that have had this. Any advice?

Lori, you will be getting banded the day I get my first fill. I can't wait!
  • LJSlocum
    LJSlocum Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have had my lap band for about a year and a half. I lost 80 pounds quickly, lost my goal and stopped working on weight loss. I gained 25 pounds back and now I am back on track. I've lost 5 pounds since Saturday. I am looking for friends who will also hold me accountable. We can do this