New Moon :)

Options

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I read the series before they movie came out... I really liked them... I had to see Twilight, of course.. my husband so graciously took me to see it :laugh:
    This weekend, me my sister and my neice are going to see New Moon. Can't wait!
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    OMG, I love the twilight books, its borderline obsession!
  • tiffanygil
    tiffanygil Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'll wait for it to come out on dvd. All the screaming girls at the theater would drive me crazy and besides I'm sure that they'll screw it over like they did Twilight. I love the books but the movies kinda suck. Yeah they have hot guys and pretty girls...but they just don't fit with the people that I had pictured in my head. I'll still watch it...it'll just be at a later date.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who thought twilight the movie was below par of the book but new moon looks better then twilight, hopefully!
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm 37 and not embarrased at all to say that I bought advance tickets to the first show on the 19th! I am so glad I will have my daughter in tow so I don't feel weird. :glasses:
    I started reading the books about two weeks ago and I'm hooked. I am on the last one and I want to get it done before the movie on Thursday so that's like 250 pages per day until then! Ha! I have even snuck it into work! LOL
    I love the fact that I get to revert back to being a teenager again.
    BTW - I'm Team Edward :tongue:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    I'll wait for it to come out on dvd. All the screaming girls at the theater would drive me crazy and besides I'm sure that they'll screw it over like they did Twilight. I love the books but the movies kinda suck. Yeah they have hot guys and pretty girls...but they just don't fit with the people that I had pictured in my head. I'll still watch it...it'll just be at a later date.

I'm glad i'm not the only one who thought twilight the movie was below par of the book but new moon looks better then twilight, hopefully!

I hope that it's better, they do have a different director so...maybe it'll be at least on par with the novel this time.
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Ok I knew there were Twilight fans from their user id...I knew you guys would respond!!!
    When I was reading the books, especially New Moon when Edward left her I was totally Team Jacob but after New Moon and into Eclipse I was so Team Edward. I do feel sorry for Jacob but thats life...even if you are a werewolf. hahaha

About the movies...I can't wait to see how they did New Moon since not only is their budget bigger but they have to play up the hype its gotten. They didn't think Twilight was gonna be such a hit and look what happened. You have to remember to that book can have so much detail whereas a movie is limited to 90-120 minutes. There is only so much they can include in the movie. If there is any other movie premiering this weekend watch out cuz New Moon is gonna kick butt!!!!
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    Ok I knew there were Twilight fans from their user id...I knew you guys would respond!!!
    When I was reading the books, especially New Moon when Edward left her I was totally Team Jacob but after New Moon and into Eclipse I was so Team Edward. I do feel sorry for Jacob but thats life...even if you are a werewolf. hahaha

About the movies...I can't wait to see how they did New Moon since not only is their budget bigger but they have to play up the hype its gotten. They didn't think Twilight was gonna be such a hit and look what happened. You have to remember to that book can have so much detail whereas a movie is limited to 90-120 minutes. There is only so much they can include in the movie. If there is any other movie premiering this weekend watch out cuz New Moon is gonna kick butt!!!!

There are two other movies coming out that I do plan on seeing this weekend- Planet 51 (my daughter wants to go see it) and The Blind Side (going to see it with my bff who also wants to watch it...she's not a Twilight fan).
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    OK, so even as a 51 year old, I am totally indulging my "inner teenager" with this series. Read the books - all of them!!! over my summer vacation last year, as I was struggling with the concept of my 50th birthday!!! I don't know if it was the birthday that did it, or the content, but I was in a Twilight fog for ages after that!!!

Dragged my DH to the movies on the midnight opening of Twilight. Luckily he's a sucker for most chick flicks anyway...but we were both more amused by the giggling teens in the audience. I thought it was ok, given the budget they were working with...I think that if it has been picked up as movie material after the books went viral, it would have had a better script and a higher budget cast and production.

I'm looking forward to New Moon, since it has better everything - the best part is that I'm going to go with both my sons' girlfriends....bonding time !
  • paddlemom
    paddlemom Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    damn double post!!!
  • cherie2304
    Options

There are two other movies coming out that I do plan on seeing this weekend- Planet 51 (my daughter wants to go see it) and The Blind Side (going to see it with my bff who also wants to watch it...she's not a Twilight fan).

What is The Blind Side about??
  • leshawnturner
    Options
    Despite all of the raving and encouragement from my former coworker I still havd not read the Twilight series and honestly I was boycotting the first movie when it came out (I was mad at WB for bumping Potter for the Twilight movie :tongue: ) but now my sister wants to see it. So since I've heard so much about it we are going to rent the 1st movie on Friday and go see the second one on Sat. I have really high expectations since I've heard sooo much about it!! If I love as everyone says I will then I will invest in the books too (which is what ended up happening after watching the first couple of Harry Potter movies).

Have a great time all!! :tongue: :laugh: :happy:
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I think Kristen and Rob are perfect actors for Bella and Edward - not exactly how I imagined them, but still pretty close. BUT...I think Kristen was a horrible actress in the first movie (even though I loved it). I mean...you have to cut them some slack due to lack on funding, but still. The scene in the hospital when Edward tells her she is going to move to Jacksonville is just flat out bad acting. Does anyone agree?
  • mavsfan2009
    Options
    leshawnturner- the movies are good, but you HAVE to read the books. its a completely different experience. and yes, its an experience :heart:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options

Here is the info from IMDB.com

"The Blind Side" depicts the remarkable true story of Michael Oher, a homeless African-American youngster from a broken home, taken in by the Touhys, a well-to-do white family who help him fulfill his potential. At the same time, Oher's presence in the Touhys' lives leads them to some insightful self-discoveries of their own. Living in his new environment, the teen faces a completely different set of challenges to overcome. As a football player and student, Oher works hard and, with the help of his coaches and adopted family, becomes an All-American offensive left tackle. In the latest chapter of his inspiring story, Oher was a First Round draft pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, selected by the Baltimore Ravens. The Touhys were there to share the moment with him."

It stars Sandra Bullock, Tim McGraw, and Quinton Aaron.
    Here's a link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0878804/
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    Options
    I think Kristen and Rob are perfect actors for Bella and Edward - not exactly how I imagined them, but still pretty close. BUT...I think Kristen was a horrible actress in the first movie (even though I loved it). I mean...you have to cut them some slack due to lack on funding, but still. The scene in the hospital when Edward tells her she is going to move to Jacksonville is just flat out bad acting. Does anyone agree?

That's the main reason I only watched Twilight once (sorry to disapoint but I trult didn't like it). I've read each of the novels 7 times. I read Breaking Dawn twice within 24 hours of it's release.
  • cherie2304
    Options

Here is the info from IMDB.com

"The Blind Side" depicts the remarkable true story of Michael Oher, a homeless African-American youngster from a broken home, taken in by the Touhys, a well-to-do white family who help him fulfill his potential. At the same time, Oher's presence in the Touhys' lives leads them to some insightful self-discoveries of their own. Living in his new environment, the teen faces a completely different set of challenges to overcome. As a football player and student, Oher works hard and, with the help of his coaches and adopted family, becomes an All-American offensive left tackle. In the latest chapter of his inspiring story, Oher was a First Round draft pick in the 2009 NFL Draft, selected by the Baltimore Ravens. The Touhys were there to share the moment with him."

It stars Sandra Bullock, Tim McGraw, and Quinton Aaron.
    Here's a link: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0878804/

Oh I have seen previews for that and it does look really good. Probably will be a good movie. I love Sandra bullock!
  • leavinglasvegas
    Options

Yes! I hate that scene! As a matter of fact, after seeing that movie, I thought Kristen Stewart was a terrible actress. I do think that had alot to do with the direction. I know that she is a very serious actress, so I really expect to see that, coupled with talented direction, in the rest of the movies. I think Bellas akwardness was waaay overplayed in Twilight, actually it was worse than awkward. I can see from the trailors that she seems toned down quite a bit in New Moon. I also detest the scene in the woods when they confirm that Edward is a Vampire. He gives her the whole story and they end up in the meadow. Totally not the Stephanie Meyer meadow scene. And very sad since that was the scene that she dreamt and prompted this phenomenon of Bella, Edward and Jacob.

I really think that Chris Weitz is a better director. Its unfortunate that Twilight didn't get the same talent. Nothing against the first director, I'm just not a fan of hers. I don't think it had anything to do with the budget. There are some very talented directors that can do some wonderful things with low budgets. My Big fat Greek Wedding is one of them. They had a 5 million dollar budget, I believe, and grossed over 200 million! The Twilight budget was 37 million. Yes that is low, but far from being so low that it ruined the movie. But thats just my opinion.

Regardless, I will be amogst the screaming teenagers on Friday. The actors become more a part of the story I see in my head each time I read the series. Even though Twilight sucked, from a film critics perspective, the casting wins an emmy in my eyes.
  • mavsfan2009
    Options
    I definitely agree with you. I just don't think I'm a very big fan of Catherine Hardwicke. Have you watched the deleted scenes for Twilight? There is NO question in my mind why they were deleted - they were completely contradictory of how Stephenie Meyer wrote the book! They were all semi-sexual, and that is not how Edward and Bella's relationship is, especially not in the first book. I'm glad those scenes were cut, because they just don't fit.

Kristen Stewart LOOKS like a good Bella, and sometimes the awkwardness fits, but somtimes it is just plain stupid. It is too forced, and I really hope she is better in New Moon. I even think sometimes Robert Pattinson's acting seems overdone (the first time he smells Bella, for instance), but he is still a perfect Edward.

Just a few of my qualms with Twilight. I think (or at least hope) Chris Weitz understands Stephenie Meyer's vision for New Moon better than Catherine Hardwicke did for Twilight...they obviously got rid of her for a reason.

I won't be there on opening night..I'm driving 4 hours to go see it with my best friend on Saturday night :)
  • cherie2304
    Options
    I agree...there were some scenes that were kinda corny but overall I loved the movie. Hopefully New Moon will be a lot better. I'm excited!!!
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to see New Moon as well!! My husband enjoyed the Twilight movie also...I'm thinking he's about as excited as I am!! Friday night!!! yeahhhh! I love all the books, so I am excited to see New Moon!! Hopefully it is fabulous!

In the Twilight movie, I also didn't like how fast they moved in the beginning between Bella and Edward's relationship. I don't know...I guess in the book it just seemed like their relationship progressed a lot slower. I do understand they only had so much time to work with...but... thats my little plug. Regardless...I still loved it!