Great news at the Dr's office.

Options
carld256
carld256 Posts: 855 Member
I had my regular bloodwork and Dr's appointment today. My Dr. was pretty happy with the results.

I weighed 194.2 on his scale (195 on mine), which was down 22 pounds from my last visit.

My A1C dropped from 5.3 to 4.7

Total Cholesterol dropped from 145 to 135, LDL took a 20+ point drop to 68.4, Triglycerides were down 100 points to 123. He said all my other indicators including thyroid, kidney and liver function were normal, and if I hit 174lbs by my next appointment in six months he'd consider taking me off the last of my medication.

The only odd thing was that my blood pressure at the office was 130/90 which for me is pretty high. Other than that I'm really happy about the results.

Replies

• fatty_to_fitty
    fatty_to_fitty Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    sounds like a brilliant NSV to me. Proud for you
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    WTG sounds like a great doctor's visit:)
  • mmessamo
    mmessamo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    thats awesome!! your blood pressure could also be high just because you were at the doctor. I know mine is always higher there.
  • fawndam
    fawndam Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    great job!!! that is my goal also...to get off these meds!!!
  • carld256
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I'm still on a little high from it.

I also noticed that my HDL was up from 36 (a little low) to 42 (back in the healthy range).
  • carld256
    Options
    thats awesome!! your blood pressure could also be high just because you were at the doctor. I know mine is always higher there.

That's what I'm guessing. I measure it at home and my little machine is 20 to 30 points lower on each side.
  • looklikeher
    Options
    Good for you!!!
    :)
    I'm happy for you.
  • jenkidney
    jenkidney Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    That IS great news! Congrats!
  • bermudamel
    Options
    Great news! Esp the A1C...that's fantastic!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!