Doing the Dukan Diet to lose 20lb+

Options
Hi everyone,

I'm a Canadia expat living in Paris and I'm new to the forum. I'm on the Dukan diet since the beggining of the week and it's my second time around on this diet ( the first time was at least 7 years ago ).

If you are looking for support or any info on this diet, here i am ! :)

Good luck to you all !

llsand

Replies

• llsand
    llsand Posts: 87
    Options
    Sorry, it's actually 50lb+ ( 20kg in metric system that's why i made the mystake )
  • lauraniculita
    lauraniculita Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    hi have you had much success loosing weight past week or so? would love to give the diet a try too, but need to get the book first so i know what to eat/not eat
  • Loseforb
    Loseforb Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been doing Dukan since September, currently down 38lbs, but I have been holding at that since March. I would still like to lose another 10 lbs I think.
  • jonesygetshealthy
    jonesygetshealthy Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    hey there :)

I had my first go at the Dukan Diet a few months ago after turning gluten free... during my attack phase I lost 9 lbs in 8 days without feeling hungry. The cool thing too is that I sort of cheated a little bit and had a teeny piece of dark chocolate everyday. Well, exams and some life stress made me put the diet aside for a bit until I could get into the right mindset again, and today is my second day of the second attempt at the diet's attack phase. *** Just want to note that it is extremely easy to stick to and I saw the most weight loss of all diet plans with this lifestyle change... it's just that I'm a little bit weak-willed and decided to put it off for a month and a half for personal reasons :)
  • TheEndComplete2113
    Options
    Hi there!

I'm new to the message boards but I am also on the Dukan diet and have over 50lbs to lose.

I started the attack phase in the last week of May and stayed on it for 8 days. The veggies on day 9 were such a reward! I find it easy to stick to because you never have to be hungry! I absolutely LOVE bread and pasta but I don't really miss it as much as I thought I would.

I did cheat one day because I had a wedding to go to. I had plain vodka (0 carbs) with diet coke and it didn't seem to have any negative effects although I know you should try to stay away from alcohol at this stage in the diet.

For exercise I walk with my dog for 45 mins each day and I swim for 30 mins 3-5 times a week. So far I have lost 19lbs so I am definitely going to stick to it!!

Good luck to everyone else who is trying this diet. It works!!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I have been on the Dukan diet since 12-31-11 and also did the Dukan on line coaching - I am on the third phase, stabilization. I am down 37 pounds. I have to admit I tracked calories as well but just to make sure I got at least enough calories to cover my BMR… on my Doctor's advice. It does work - for me! I plan to stay on it the rest of my life.
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    Im am also doing the Dukan... I actually like it, HATED it with a passion on the first and second day of attack (currently on day 5) until I found my savour......... sticky chicken wing/thighs/breast...

OMG what cant I say they are delicious can canbe eaten unlimitedly in each phase...

You must try it, I went out to buy all the ingredients yesterday (im more of a packet girls myslef - lazy) but I made these from scratch and they are wow...

Ingredients:

2tbsp Splenda/Sweetner
    2tbsp Soy Sauce
    2tbsp Balsamic Vineger
    2 tsp chilli paste
    Chicken of your choice (I used wings)

Put the chicken in the oven for approx 20-25mins - 220degrees heat until cooked
    If they are not skinless remove the skin AFTER cooking as it is much easier
    Places sweetner/soy/vinegar/chilli paste into a pan and bring to boil, then simer for 5 simmer until thickens
    Place skinless over baked chicken into a frying pan/griddle (no oil needed) and pour over heated sauce.
    Fry and heat until covered and browning some more and add salt and pepper.
    Ready to serve....

They are litterly finger licking good.... I quite shocked myself.....
  • heisyourlife2
    Options
    I just got the book and am giving this a whirl. I have used a similar approach and didn't have too much trouble sticking to the strictness of the diet. My body really reacts to carbs so I know this will likely be a good "fit" for me. My daughter is getting married in the beginning of August and I'd like to lose about 15 more pounds---but anything will be good. I'm have been in a plateau for quite a few months now.
  • heisyourlife2
    Options
    Thanks for sharing the recipe--I plan on making this!
    OMG what cant I say they are delicious can canbe eaten unlimitedly in each phase...

You must try it, I went out to buy all the ingredients yesterday (im more of a packet girls myslef - lazy) but I made these from scratch and they are wow...

Ingredients:

2tbsp Splenda/Sweetner
    2tbsp Soy Sauce
    2tbsp Balsamic Vineger
    2 tsp chilli paste
    Chicken of your choice (I used wings)

They are litterly finger licking good.... I quite shocked myself.....
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Totally misread the title. Thought it said doing the dunkin donut diet. Carry on.
  • santosateos
    Options
    I'd like more information in this diet please :)
  • Ratherbebikin52
    Options
    Hi, I've just started this diet. This is day 5 and I have followed it completely. I've totally gave up Pepsi and chocolate since Sunday. I can't believe I've been able to do this and it hasn't bothered me. I have about 70 to lose, I would be happy with that. May I add you as a friend on here in case I have questions? Any suggestions you have I would love to hear them.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Oh, dang... misread this. Thought it was "Dunkin Donut" diet!

Sigh. The starvation mirages have begun.
  • adamb83
    adamb83 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Totally misread the title. Thought it said doing the dunkin donut diet. Carry on.

LOL So Did I!
  • hark15
    hark15 Posts: 148 Member
    Options

LOL So Did I!

Me too! That was more exciting...
  • lottanorde
    lottanorde Posts: 25
    Options
    Thank you for the delicious receipe. I am also doing the Dukan diet, to shift the last kilo.

I found there is a lot of lovely asian food (different types of bean curd and yummy spices such as red curry paste) that make the Cruise phase a delight.

Its great!
  • 90210UK
    90210UK Posts: 81
    Options
    I have just adjusted the meassures to the following and it is even YUMMIER:-

3TBSP of balsamic
    3TBSP of soy sauce
    2TBSP of sweetner
    2 TSPof chilli paste
    Garlic....

Yummmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeee xx
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    I will be trying this recipe as it sounds positively delicious. Some one asked for information on the diet - just google "Dukan diet".. or go to amazon and buy the book. I think this diet is the most perfect one for me because the third phase really pushes you to have a "lifelong" nutrition plan. Not to mention about midway thru the first phase, the attack phase, you would give anything for a nice slice of tomato or lettuce. I really don't crave bread or pasta or rice. And it pushes "moderate" exercise to get you going with "minimums" so you don't feel like you have to be in the gym 1 to 2 hours a day. He really pushes walking!
  • ladybugss
    ladybugss Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • llsand
    llsand Posts: 87
    Options
    Hi Guys!

So i’m doing well on the diet. For those who are like me, you’ll notice that on Protein + Vegetables days you tend to gain weight: That’s water :)
    I literally gained almost a pound three days ago by eating too salty and lost everything overnight. Same thing for vegetables, It has the tendency to absorb water therefore I’m actually heavier at the end of the PV cycle but one day of pure protein and the scale does a major dive :)

Anyone that needs support on this diet can add me no problem. I know for a fact that at the beginning we are all very motivated but at some point I think our subconscious just wants to go back to “normal” and we need motivation and people who are going through the same thing to talk too. In my case, I’ll be on the diet for a while because my metabolism is slower and very resistant so patience and motivation is key :) I also highly recommend buying the book before anyone does the diet. I can’t stress this enough because we all understand things differently and I’ve found that depending on the countries, there are some foods that are modified to better suit each and everyone of us.

Thank you for the recipe btw, I’ll be trying this very soon :)