30 Day Shred Results (with pictures)

Options
I don’t know what inspired me to get fit and healthy, I’d been attempting the 4 Hour Body diet for over a year with zero progress and I felt entirely and utterly hopeless. I just decided, one day, out of the blue, that I was sick of telling myself “I can’t, I’m always going to be chunky” and started saying “I can, I’m going to get healthy”.

I joined Myfitnesspal to keep track of my food/calorie intake and I downloaded everything of Jillian Michael’s. I started with the 30 Day Shred and completed the final workout this morning. I went from not exercising at all to exercising everyday (even on holiday and after I’d spent 8.5 hours driving). It was a huge accomplishment!

I've progressed quite a bit, I think, but it's my attitude that's changed the most .- for the better. I’m really happy with my determination, and it’s certainly paid off. I’m one month closer to reaching my goal!

Starting weight: 69.9kg
Current weight: 68kg

Starting waist: 33.7”
Current waist: 32”

Starting hips: 43.3”
Current hips: 41”

Starting bust: 37.9”
Current bust: 37.2”

Starting right thigh: 23.1”
Current right thigh: 21.2”

Starting left thigh: 23”
Current left thigh:21.1”

Starting right calf: 15.7”
Current left calf: 15”

Starting right arm: 12.4”
Current right arm: 11.5”

Starting left arm: 12.5”
Current left arm: 11.6

29th May, 2012:

Pre30DS1.jpg

pre30DS2.jpg

27th June, 2012:

post30DS2.jpg

post30DS1.jpg

Replies

• aleham
    aleham Posts: 44
    Options
    The pictures came out really small, for some reason, but hopefully you can still see the difference.
  • Under_Construction13
    Under_Construction13 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Looking Great, keep it up and the better it will get... Im back on the workout plan (started today).
    When you log your exercise on our logs what do you put it under?

Hope my results are as good as yours, I have 40lbs to lose...

Happy exercising :)
  • aleham
    Options
    Looking Great, keep it up and the better it will get... Im back on the workout plan (started today).

Hi! Congrats on getting back to it, getting into working out isn't easy at first, but I ended up enjoying it!

I added it as a new exercise, and called it "the 30 day shred - level 1/2/3" because the average of calories I was burning turned out to be different for each level. It should be in the database, but if you have an HRM I'd suggest using that to track your calories burned progress and add it as a new exercise.

:D
  • GambinoGirl
    GambinoGirl Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Great job. Your stomach looks so much smaller:)
  • SpydrMnky27
    SpydrMnky27 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Great job! I see the difference in your stomach as well.
  • aleham
    Options
    Great job. Your stomach looks so much smaller:)

Thanks so much! I actually went through a week or so where I just couldn't tell whether or not I was actually making any progress, and then I compared these pictures and I felt about 100x better.

:bigsmile:
  • txbutterfly69
    txbutterfly69 Posts: 115 Member
    Options

Hi! Congrats on getting back to it, getting into working out isn't easy at first, but I ended up enjoying it!

I added it as a new exercise, and called it "the 30 day shred - level 1/2/3" because the average of calories I was burning turned out to be different for each level. It should be in the database, but if you have an HRM I'd suggest using that to track your calories burned progress and add it as a new exercise.

Does a HRM show you how many calories you burn? I notice MFP, gym equipment, and even my Calorie tracker always have different calories burned for same exercise.
  • buzavirag
    buzavirag Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you can definitely see the difference, even in the small pics! congrats on your willpower!!!
  • aleham
    Options
    Great job! I see the difference in your stomach as well.

Aw thanks. I'm going to be grinning like a loon all day haha :D
  • aleham
    Options

Does a HRM show you how many calories you burn? I notice MFP, gym equipment, and even my Calorie tracker always have different calories burned for same exercise.

Some do! You have to find the gadgets that show calories burned as well as your heart rate.

Yeah, I've noticed that different equipment gives you different readings, so you'll never really be sure whether or not what you're recording is 100% accurate, but that's okay :)
  • aleham
    Options
    you can definitely see the difference, even in the small pics! congrats on your willpower!!!

Thank you! It was pretty tough in the beginning, and when I was on holidays/after I spent the day driving I reeeeally didn't want to work out, but I was committed and it's made so much difference :)
  • buzavirag
    buzavirag Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to start the same vid and have about the same measurements so I'm happy to see someone so motivating!

thank you!
  • meowstrom
    meowstrom Posts: 37
    Options
    I'm so proud of you for having finished this :D you can see the differences, your stomach is more defined!
  • aleham
    Options
    I'm so proud of you for having finished this :D you can see the differences, your stomach is more defined!

Thanks darling, I can't wait to see your progress stats. I'm sure you're killing it! <3
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You have done a wonderful job, and it shows! You look AMAZING! Way to go!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • aleham
    Options
    Congrats on your success! You have done a wonderful job, and it shows! You look AMAZING! Way to go!

You've been a HUGE help with all of your encouragement and the fantastically good example that you set, so thank you!

Haha, I LOVE that I'm developing little oblique lines <3
  • aleham
    Options
    Great job!

Thank you, and same to you! You're almost halfway there! Way to go :D<3
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!