1 Year - My Transformation

Options
I joined MFP in June 2011 after returning from holiday and stepping on the scales ( for the first time in ages ) I was shocked at the reading on the scales........... 323.4 lbs, I was obese, I had to do something and do it NOW.

For the first month I was just sticking to my daily cals set by MFP, the weight was coming off slowly, but I wanted better results, so after doing lots of research I started lifting weights in an effort to build muscle and reduce bodyfat.

I cleared out the spare room at home, bought an elliptical cross trainer, A weight bench and a set of Bowflex 1090 dumbbells ( my small home gym ) I put together my own full body workout program which would take about 1 hour and I did this 3 times a week.

I wanted to build muscle, but everything I was reading was telling me that its almost impossible to build muscle while on a calorie deficit so i kept my protein intake high ( around 250g a day ).

By November 2011 I had lost just over 70 lbs and I could really start to see some good changes in my body and set myself a new goal of getting to below 10% bodyfat by June 2012 ( 1 year ).

In january 2012 after doing more research I decided to try Intermittent Fasting after reading lots of info on the Leangains website.
I changed my workout to include more compound lifts using heavy weights, reduced my workouts to twice per week and put together my daily menu to fit in with my daily calorie / macro targets, so since January I have basically eaten the same things every day, day in day out with a few tweeks here and there.

This week was my 1 year with MFP, I am 43 years old and in the best shape I have ever been in my entire life, it just goes to show what can be achieved with hard work and determination.

These are my results and progress pictures :

Weight June 2011 - 323.4 lbs
Weight June 2012 - 219.8 lbs

Bodyfat June 2011 - 33%
Bodyfat June 2012 - 9.5%

Chest June 2011 - 56 inches
Chest June 2012 - 42 inches

Waist June 2011 - 48 inches
Waist June 2012 - 34 inches

June 2011
MaldivesOct09025.jpg
June 2011
MaldivesOct09027.jpg
Sept 2011
IMG_0326.jpg
Nov 2011
IMG_0348.jpg
Dec 2011
IMG_0379.jpg
Jan 2012
IMG_0382.jpg
Feb 2012
IMG_0413.jpg
March 2012
IMG_20120406_200817.jpg
April 2012
IMG_20120429_053457.jpg
May 2012
IMG_20120603_023027.jpg
June 2012 - 1 year
CIMG0250.jpg

What now for me ?????

I am going to continue with Leangains intermittent fasting as I know it works for me and I am currently doing the Lean Bulking Protocol - adding lean muscle mass while maintaing a low bodyfat %.

Replies

• twinkletoes2
    twinkletoes2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You look AMAZING!!!! What a major transformation indeed! Your story is very inspiring!
  • momto1g1b
    momto1g1b Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! You look amazing!
  • shierrarobin
    shierrarobin Posts: 181
    Options
    Looking good.
  • bsix3
    bsix3 Posts: 291
    Options
    awesome job! thanks for the motivation!!!
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    Great job, quite a transformation.
  • ofthenorth
    ofthenorth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow. That is fantastic, you should be so proud of yourself.
  • indisguise
    indisguise Posts: 235
    Options
    Nice guns! Keep up the good work!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Seriously, amazing dedication and incredible changes. You've done so well! Congratulations! :drinker:
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    A year? WOW..transformation indeed!!!
  • NYChick84
    NYChick84 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    WOAHHHHH!!!!! What a MAJOR transformation!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!!!!! :)
  • fitterhappiermoreproductive
    Options
    This is a really great story, thanks for sharing!
  • pashalia
    pashalia Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanx for sharing those pics... U are hot!!!!!! Wow!!!!
  • lkcostello
    lkcostello Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You should be proud of your hard work.
  • MrsAFR
    MrsAFR Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! It amazes me that the people who turn from large to pure ripped are left with no excess skin? Is this because of the body fat %
  • hunter1025
    hunter1025 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    That's a heck of a transformation in a year. Great job.
  • Agean42
    Agean42 Posts: 58
    Options
    You look amazing! It amazes me that the people who turn from large to pure ripped are left with no excess skin? Is this because of the body fat %

Yes, increasing lean muscle and a very low bodyfat percentage along with drinking loads of water tightens everything up.
  • slimsteelerfan
    slimsteelerfan Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! I couldnt' believe my eyes!
  • CharityEaton
    CharityEaton Posts: 508
    Options
    You have worked so hard! I am so proud to be your "friend". I can't believe how amazing you look after just one year! I just wish I could keep my motivation like you do!
    Congratulations on fantastic job!!!
  • ccsick
    ccsick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'd like to see a photo where you are smiling, you have so much to smile about. You did an amazing transformation. We all know it takes hard work and dedication, congratulations!!!
  • kevinlynch3
    kevinlynch3 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing....the last few months have really cut any fat you had. Proud to have you as a friend on the journey.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!