Replies

• LexyDB
    LexyDB Posts: 261
    Options
    How old it that article?
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    and these are the people that don't eat their vegetables and drink their water.
    they think its all protein.

sigh.
  • douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    they said that in a 10,000 group 5 more people would diet of a heart attack on an atkins diet compared to a 10,000 group on a healthy diet. Can't find the figures comparing an Atkins diet to an unhealthy diet.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    People will do whatever they want to lose weight and many would see the discomfort of kidney stones as a small price to pay for the health benefits of being a healthy weight.

That said, we do often overlook the fact that Dr Atkins died of a heart attack..........
  • TheChangingMan
    TheChangingMan Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That said, we do often overlook the fact that Dr Atkins died of a heart attack..........

So did Jim Fixx
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    they said that in a 10,000 group 5 more people would diet of a heart attack on an atkins diet compared to a 10,000 group on a healthy diet. Can't find the figures comparing an Atkins diet to an unhealthy diet.
    This.
    I think there are plenty more health risks in obesity than in healthy weight. Sometimes you run the risk of secondary illness as a result. With the Atkins diet you are allowed carbs. If people choose to eat bread and pasta in tiny portions instead of a nice leafy salad then they have missed the point. I have never tried the Atkins diet because too much protien makes me feel a little unwell but people have had great success on high protien diets and until I reach my goal my way, who am I to judge how others are getting there?
  • someonefromny
    Options
    He actually didn't die of a heart attack. He died from a fall on ice which caused a brain injury. This is a common belief though.
  • psiren28
    psiren28 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    It's the Daily Mail, I'm just surprised they haven't blamed kidney stones on those pesky immigrants.
  • ElleBee66
    ElleBee66 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    It's the Daily Mail, I'm just surprised they haven't blamed kidney stones on those pesky immigrants.

lol - yep - the immigrants brought the kidneys stones into the country illegally and it's all their fault!