Incorrect sodium levels!

Options
Does anyone else get annoyed when the sodium is wrong on food in the database?

Usually on food packets sodium is written in grams (so like 0.3g etc) but MFP measures sodium in milligrams (so 0.3 should actually be 300mg). But I have seen so many foods which I know will be high in sodium (ketchup etc) which have 0.1 mg of sodium put in! So annoying!

I know sodium isn't important to everyone, but I try an keep mine down to reduce bloating etc. I can't be the only one who gets annoyed through having to put in new information for a food when your trying to quickly add your food at work etc.

Replies

• jeskate
    jeskate Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I agree, I am worried about my sodium levels too (I could eat sushi for lunch every day!)
  • EmmaM2211
    EmmaM2211 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    YES!!

Drives me crackers!! Drives my housemate crackers too as I'm always complaining about it!

Never mind there are worse things that can happen....like having to enter the whole food because you're the first person in the world (yes MFP is the whole world) that has eaten it! xx
  • htmlgirl
    htmlgirl Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Well in the US, sodium on packaging is in milligrams, not grams, so that's why it's like that. Just get in the habit of double checking the label vs what MFP says when you enter a new food.
  • persian_star
    persian_star Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I don't track my sodium but it drives me bonkers too - I'm an annoying perfectionist, I like it to be RIGHT *l*
  • Jeeenjohnson19
    Jeeenjohnson19 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Well in the US, sodium on packaging is in milligrams, not grams, so that's why it's like that. Just get in the habit of double checking the label vs what MFP says when you enter a new food.

I always check (or you can just tell its wrong) and thats why its soo annoying! :P

And yeh im partially a perfectionist too, its like when only protien, carbs and fat are put in but i like to know my sugar too!