HELP PLEASE =)

Options
Hello everyone!
This is my first time on this...Before, I was able to lose weight or workout if i had to, But since i have gotten into a relationship and finally have a full time job for 1.5years, i feel like it is honestly so hard for me to focus and be healthy. 5 pounds became 10...and then now into 20pounds heavier!!

My cowokers have told me that im gaining weight and cant stop it because its in the genes... My boyfriend is a personal trainer and we have not gotta physical for 7months because i am not "motvaited to be healthy"(meaning because i gained some weight). pretty rude huh?

I was a "pageant queen" before...im so depressed by all this that i turn to food...i want to feel and look great again....i want to be healthy

Replies

• jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    :drinker:

Welcome! You'll like it here. The format of this site makes logging food and getting help from people who have lost a lot of weight really easy. It doesn't take much time to stay on top of your diet, even when life gets really busy.
  • ladydan
    Options
    i totally understand! i just started too, but i can already tell that it's going to be beneficial- just USE the site. log in as much as possible to be constantly reminding yourself of where you are in your daily goal. as far as exercise- find a gym that has a nautilus treadclimber. it is the best machine EVER! good luck:smile:
  • Rdahl2
    Rdahl2 Posts: 90
    Options
    Welcome! My situation was pretty much the same. I used to always be a thin healthy person until I got into a relationship and got comfortable. In my mind I thought that I could never gain weight but like you suddenly gained 5pds and then 5pds became 10 and so on. I'm at my heaviest I've ever been. I love food, but never really watched what I ate. I just finally got fed up and my best friend told me about this site. Since I joined, I've been dedicated or more so addicted to logging in what I eat. When I see it in front of me what kind of calories and other factors I am putting in my body just gives me that extra motivation to want to be healthier. There is also a lot of great advice and support from the members and awesome recipes. I'm sure you'll love it. Don't be down on yourself, your already making a great step just by joining this site and wanting to make a difference....you'll do great! :wink:
  • mangavelta
    Options
    Sounds like you are preparing to start. Sometimes the process of hating ones self is part of it all. I know how you feel about working out and your body image. We need to quit using our weight and bodies for an excuse not to do something that maybe we didn't want to do anyway. I say.... Start today, take each day at a time and JUST DO IT! I know you can succeed
  • tkain
    tkain Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Starting out is never easy, but you can do it! After the first week of recording your calories on MFP you will be motivated and you'll see how many calories you're actually consuming. Most people don't realize how many calories they actually consume in a day. Also, exercise, exercise, exercise!! Exercising can be a huge motivator and you'll feel better too! Block out any negative feedback that you are receiving from co-workers, etc...Make this change for yourself!! Good Luck!! :flowerforyou:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I'm confused about you and your boyfriend and the physical. Are you saying yall aren't physical because you have gained weight?
  • equinegirl200
    equinegirl200 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Im sorry, but if a guy ever treated me like that whether I was fat or not he would regret it big time!
  • breezy81
    breezy81 Posts: 186
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! You will love ti here, whenever you feel like eating your feeling log on!!!! As for the boyfriend, he needs to support you in everything!!! If he doesn't then he ain't worth it. And if not being intimate is he call bc of your weight then get a new one. You man needs to to love you no matter what you look like and if he doesn't then hes looking for arm candy not a partner.

Take care of YOU first!! And remember the only genes your weight in in is Levis, anything else we can change!
  • ChefJeremyC
    Options
    I have been heavy my whole life. You have to want to be healthy to get healthy. Motivtion come from within.
  • mavsfan2009
    mavsfan2009 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I feel like I'm in the same position as you! I'm also a 22 year old who gained some weight after getting into a long term relationship and working full time. I can also relate with you on the boyfriend thing - he was also once a personal trainer and gives me a hard time about my weight. I'm 5'3" and 134..so not extremely overweight, but just not in shape. He constantly rags on me about not caring about my health and tells me that I'm becoming less and less attractive. I know that is not treatment I should take from him, as you should not either. But, if we're going to endure it, we may as well get healthy for OURSELVES, not for them. Good luck, and we'll be here cheering you on! :)
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    ladies, none of you should be taking ur bf's BS. and NO that won't change over time it will only get worse. now it's the weight what will come next? when u get older ur body goes thru a lot of changes some irreversible without surgery, what will u do when u start aging and ur body starts to change?

Get out while you can.

My bf is a gorgeous 6'2" @ 195lbs. I'm a short lil 5'5" curvy girl @ 183 (actually I started MFP @ 195)
    I think you can picture the BIG difference and I used to feel embarassed FOR him, like I would think why is this gorgeous man with me and wonder if he wasn't feeling differently about me because of my weight, especially since all his friends have stick figure gfs/wives. Well guess what, he has never once told me anything about my weight, he always says I'm beautiful and sexy :blushing:

That's the type of man you ladies deserve. :flowerforyou:
  • Desiderata
    Options
    Wow 7 months and your guy isnt into you because of your weight gain? Thats just not right! He's a personal trainer, he should be supporting you in positive ways if he truely cared. He works with people to help them become healthy, why is he treating you any differently?

Well, all the members of MFP are here to be that support. You'll get back to your usual self in no time, you just HAVE TO STICK WITH IT!

Good luck!

288747.png