I HAVE to ignore the number on the scale [pics]

Options
thetrishwarp
thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
http://imgur.com/8roDR

[the picture shows up really big and i can't fix it...]

The left was taken the 1st week of april.
The right was taken the 3rd week of june.

I weigh 10 lbs more on the right, and based on BMI, am overweight.

if this isn't proof that i need to ignore the scale and look in the mirror, I don't know what is!

Replies

• shierrarobin
    shierrarobin Posts: 181
    Options
    Congrats. You're making great progress. Yeah I agree with you. I try to avoid the scale at all costs and just keep up the diet and exercise. If I checked the scale all the time I'd lose my nerve. Just keep doing what you're doing and just check the scale when you're ready.
  • canelly
    canelly Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Yea I see what you mean!
  • amnski
    amnski Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Looking great!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    i'm so, So, SO proud of you! :heart: SO happy to have you as a friend on here! :flowerforyou:
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! That only took 7 weeks?

That's definitely a reason not to look at the scale. Do you do measurements?
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! BMI doesn't mean squat. I'm thinking about putting my scales in the fire pit....
  • thetrishwarp
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

@ellen, yes I do take measurements. I've seen a difference of 6 inches overall in that 7 week span.
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    You are definitely right!!
  • Kamalka
    Kamalka Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    You look great! I guess you did not just cut calories but did some exercise, too ^^ My BMI says: overweight but according to my waist, I am not, so my bones mass must be above average. Tis scale is completely useless, athletes are systematically overweight!!

The only figure that I would consider relevant would be %fat...unfortunately there is no way to get it accurate without spending a huge amount of money, so let's keep on using the mirror instead ;))
  • helenmc40
    helenmc40 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    this is exactly what I needed to see. I am having trouble getting the scale to move, but I have noticed my clothes fitting better and I feel fitter and stronger. I am obsessed with the scale and just want it ti show my hard work. But your post and pics have been a wake up call for me!!! Thanks.

You look awesome and you look so fit!!!:drinker:
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    http://imgur.com/8roDR

[the picture shows up really big and i can't fix it...]

The left was taken the 1st week of april.
    The right was taken the 3rd week of june.

I weigh 10 lbs more on the right, and based on BMI, am overweight.

if this isn't proof that i need to ignore the scale and look in the mirror, I don't know what is!

Lookin good!
  • thetrishwarp
    Options
    this is exactly what I needed to see. I am having trouble getting the scale to move, but I have noticed my clothes fitting better and I feel fitter and stronger. I am obsessed with the scale and just want it ti show my hard work. But your post and pics have been a wake up call for me!!! Thanks.

You look awesome and you look so fit!!!:drinker:

Awwww! This was so nice to see!
  • DixiedoesMFP
    DixiedoesMFP Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Amen! You look great!
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    Great job! Definitely forget the scale and keep it up!
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i cant see the pics but i ignore the scales cause im solid always have been im 5ft 1in and wear a size 7 jean but im 36 DD so according to my weight im morbidly obese i say bull ****z
  • thetrishwarp
    Options
    i cant see the pics but i ignore the scales cause im solid always have been im 5ft 1in and wear a size 7 jean but im 36 DD so according to my weight im morbidly obese i say bull ****z

Hahaha exactly. I'm overweight wearing a size 4...yeah, right.
  • seckler
    seckler Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great! Continue doing what you are doing and forget the scale!
  • Acliff510
    Acliff510 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    wow, the front view shot is amazing! Congrats ... What a great way to remind all of us about not focusing on the scale to much.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!