ssstrange question but ..

Options
How many lbs does it take to drop a dress size. Im currently uk 16 and weight 175lbs, although i have full wardrobes for size 14, 12, and 10!!!

Thanks in advance x

Replies

• cathp83
    cathp83 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hiya it says on google that you usually need to lose 6 to 8lbs to drop a dress size xx
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    the larger you are, the more weight it takes. For a plus sized person, or say bigger than a US 14, 20 to 30 lbs. would probably be necessary. Around a US 12 or 14, I would say around 15 lbs. Smaller than that, probably around 10 lbs. per size dropped.

I've lost about 53 lbs. and gone down 4 to 4.5 sizes.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    It also depends upon whether or not you're doing strength training. If you're building muscle, you may be losing inches while not losing many pounds...
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    For me, going from 15 st 4 (214 lbs) to 10 st 8 (148 lbs), I've lost about 4-5 dress sizes (I'm not sure exactly what size I was at my highest) which works out as roughly 1 size per stone. Body composition does make a difference though because if you work on retaining as much muscle as possible while you lose fat, you could end up at a higher weight than you were when you were last at that size. Hope that makes sense!
  • DieVixen
    DieVixen Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    I was expect something much more strange than this......which is not a very strange question at all. but to answer it I have no clue
  • Mira710
    Mira710 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    For me its every 8-12 pounds.
  • curlygirly80
    curlygirly80 Posts: 176
    Options
    It depends on the person and their body type. I have lost 28 lbs and have gone from 180lbs to 152lbs. I have dropped from a US size14 -16 to a size 8-10. I do light weight nothing extreme. So I think it depends on the persons body composition.
  • lottieloves85
    lottieloves85 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I started off weighing 154lbs and being a size 16, I've now lost 21lbs and am between a 10 and a 12! But its the inches that count...make sure you measure yourself! I am a total stats geek so I printed off a UK sizing chart with measurements for bust waist hips and highlighted the numbers that matched my measurements when I started, and then did it again when I reached my first goal weight, it's great to see those dress sizes changing! x