Reebok Precision XT Question...

Options
Is your Reebok Precision XT HRM really finicky about getting a reading from the chest strap?

A lot of times I will be working out and I have to put it in a place JUST RIGHT for it to read the signal from my chest strap (and even then the signal will go in and out). When I'm on the elliptical, the watch can't be on my wrist because it won't read it (but the machine picks up my heart rate and displays it) and also when I'm working out on the weights I'll look down and notice its occasionally not picking up a heart rate.

Could it be that my chest strap isn't sending a strong signal and needs a new battery?

Replies

• jljohnson
    jljohnson Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    This is probably the only complaint I've heard from people on this HRM. I have the same one, and noticed the same issue. Mine seemed to be fixed by repositioning the chest strap, rather than the watch portion. I had to move it a little off-center, closer to my heart, and a little lower (not under my bra band, but just below it). That seemed to work for me. If you've had it a while, or if it still has the manufacturer battery in it, it would make sense to me that low battery power could be an issue too. Hope this helps!
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options
    This is probably the only complaint I've heard from people on this HRM. I have the same one, and noticed the same issue. Mine seemed to be fixed by repositioning the chest strap, rather than the watch portion. I had to move it a little off-center, closer to my heart, and a little lower (not under my bra band, but just below it). That seemed to work for me. If you've had it a while, or if it still has the manufacturer battery in it, it would make sense to me that low battery power could be an issue too. Hope this helps!

thanks!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Is your Reebok Precision XT HRM really finicky about getting a reading from the chest strap?

A lot of times I will be working out and I have to put it in a place JUST RIGHT for it to read the signal from my chest strap (and even then the signal will go in and out). When I'm on the elliptical, the watch can't be on my wrist because it won't read it (but the machine picks up my heart rate and displays it) and also when I'm working out on the weights I'll look down and notice its occasionally not picking up a heart rate.

Could it be that my chest strap isn't sending a strong signal and needs a new battery?

Are you "moistening" the chest strap? Some people use lotion or special gels. I run my fingers under tap water and touch them to the back of the chest receptor piece. It makes the chest strap connect better to your body, to pick up your heart rate. (Are you noticing this problem while sweaty? If not, this could be the problem you are having.)
  • KendalBeee
    KendalBeee Posts: 2,269 Member
    Options

Are you "moistening" the chest strap? Some people use lotion or special gels. I run my fingers under tap water and touch them to the back of the chest receptor piece. It makes the chest strap connect better to your body, to pick up your heart rate. (Are you noticing this problem while sweaty? If not, this could be the problem you are having.)

I didn't know I should do that, but by the time I take it off, its a little sweaty. Its worth giving it a shot!
  • saz7
    saz7 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. In the middle of a workout my HR will show over 230+ and then will go down to zero, when normally during high impact my HR is 140-180. I reposition the strap and sometimes it helps but other times it doesn't.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

I didn't know I should do that, but by the time I take it off, its a little sweaty. Its worth giving it a shot!

It doesn't need a lot of water.... so don't go dunking it in the sink! The chest strap receptor isn't waterproof. Just moisten the back of it so it kinda 'sticks' to your chest.