depo shot weight loss help

Options
I finally stopped getting the depo shot after i gained 30 pounds, in 3 months.If anyone else was on the depo shot and has weight loss sucess stories please tell me your secrets so i can get my weight back down! Seems no matter what I try nothing was working. The Dr. said it might take a year to loose what I gained, but its been longer.
Any help on the topic and what you did or are doing what would helpful. Thanks :)

Replies

• ashleew1117
    ashleew1117 Posts: 158
    Options
    I also am on the Depo, but i had lost weight almost 20 pounds but i was taking pills to help me lose weight.
    Now that i am off the pills i gained it all back, but i had started to lose more weight, and i'm working on it.
    It is not impossible to lose weight while being on the depo you just really have to monitor what you eat, and only eat really healthy foods.
  • sweetp809
    sweetp809 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    i have been off the depo for over a year and i still have trouble with my weight now
  • mattmoo33
    mattmoo33 Posts: 36
    Options
    I came off the depo a year ago thinking it would help me lose weight, but didnt make any difference!

Going back on it next week and just going to be very careful and see what happens.
  • leightonsmommy
    leightonsmommy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi from the UK
    I came off depo approx 6 months ago for various reasons, the huge one being depression, the next one being weight gain. I found the weight was sticking in places it never had before (mainly around my hips, creating a nice muffin top...). Its been 6 months now and my weight loss has gone so slowly. In the past i found if i was good 80% of the time, I would lose weight. this time its more like 99% of the time!!! It is now coming off and im hoping the depo is wearing off. I would say even if you arent seeing results stick at it, you are creating good habits for life by taking the scenic route, and in the end you will see the benefits x
  • Melodyboyd94
    Melodyboyd94 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been on the shot for about two years now and have gained 25 pounds. No matter how much I exercise or watch my calories, I cannot seem to keep the weight off. I also feel hungry all the time. I have gained the weight in my lower abdomen and I am tired of people asking me if I'm pregnant. Any suggestions?!?!
  • DeficitDuchess
    DeficitDuchess Posts: 3,099 Member
    Options
    I have been on the shot for about two years now and have gained 25 pounds. No matter how much I exercise or watch my calories, I cannot seem to keep the weight off. I also feel hungry all the time. I have gained the weight in my lower abdomen and I am tired of people asking me if I'm pregnant. Any suggestions?!?!

Are you using, a food scale?
  • Melodyboyd94
    Options
    No
  • DeficitDuchess
    edited November 2016
    Options
    No

You're unable to accurately count calories, until you do! For example: I recently ate, a Hot Pocket & the Nutrition Facts stated, that it'd be 270 calories but when I weighed it, it was 524 calories!
  • Melodyboyd94
    Options
    I will definitely look into getting one. Thanks!
  • DeficitDuchess
    Options
    I will definitely look into getting one. Thanks!

You're welcome, also exercise's for health 1st, to consume extra 2nd; not our regular portions because most of us're unable to exercise enough, to maintain/lose weight!
  • SLLeask
    SLLeask Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I also am on the Depo, but i had lost weight almost 20 pounds but i was taking pills to help me lose weight.
    Now that i am off the pills i gained it all back, but i had started to lose more weight, and i'm working on it.
    It is not impossible to lose weight while being on the depo you just really have to monitor what you eat, and only eat really healthy foods.

1. Monitor what you eat - Yes, weigh and measure everything, have patience it may take some time.
    2. Eat only really healthy foods - Absolutely NOT, eat everything you enjoy in moderation, see 1.