Day 1 toward control of my health

Options
Yesterday, my husband and I met with my cousin's daughter who has just graduated as a dietetic technician, and will going to University of Ottawa for the bachelor degree in nutrition. She was inspiring to listen to. She made me realize that the effort I really need to make is to chose quality food, and not necessarily cut in the portion. We will meet every two weeks.

Today, I decided to take a day off from work because I felt the urge to focus and organize myself for the new challenge. My goal : 60 pounds. And this time, I feel as determined to succeed as when I decided to stop smoking almost 9 years ago.

As I was looking for an application for my iPad to help take note of my daily intake, and exercise, imagine how wonderfully surprised I was to find this jewel. I can't wait to show it to my husband tonight. I've already registered him, and will invite our personal nutritionist !

I will use this forum exactly has I used the iQuitnow forum when I stopped smoking. The members of the forum are a part of my success to stop smoking: always available to help you reach you goal and not to give up.

So this is Day 1: a beautiful day, ok it may be raining outside, but inside my head I see sunshine and light, and mostly I feel great with my decision. This is it!

Lucie A.
47 years old
Montreal (Quebec) CANADA
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• lc971
    lc971 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Love your attitude! I wish you luck! :))
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Yay! You can do it! Feel free to add me as a friend :smile:
  • 5pmsomewherenow
    5pmsomewherenow Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Hi Lucie! Welcome. I am also in the mid-forties, with a goal to live a super healthy lifestyle including daily exercise, vast reduction in alcohol & caffeine consumption, and a more efficient diet. We don't need to be PERFECT every day, but we need to take some sort of steps forward every day. This site is great for ideas, support and motivation. I've just reached my goal weight, so -- of course I'm right on rhythm, feeling like I could live this way for the rest of my life. MFP is even more important for me now, as a daily journal, and touchstone to those who I am connected with. Please add me as a FRIEND, and I'm happy to tag along for the start of your successful journey.
  • sacorner
    sacorner Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    MFP and it's forums have been a great resource for me! I found it a year ago but just recently returned with more motivation then I have had in a long time. I have used the forums and made some friends to start building a support network and it really does keep me on track and accountable. You can do the same! Good luck in your journey! :)
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I hope you find it as much of an amazing tool as I have. If you would like some friends on here, feel free to add me. I am also 47yrs old and have found that mfp pals are a great support. =)
  • bmalone62
    bmalone62 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Love your positive attitude!
  • byebyeluvhandles
    byebyeluvhandles Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I just joined this website last week and I've seen so many success stories. There is so much support and motivation, which is great.

This site has helped me be more accountable of what I eat because I have to track my calories. Counting calories is something I thought I would NEVER do.

With that great attitude of yours, you will do what you set your mind to.

Feel free to add me.

Enjoy your day.
  • kvanderbeek1
    kvanderbeek1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Good luck on your journey! With your positive attitude you will surely accomplish what you are setting out to do. Feel free to add me as a friend if you wish.
  • bf43005
    bf43005 Posts: 287
    Options
    Welcome and glad to hear you have joined. Best of luck!
  • Lisheeloo
    Lisheeloo Posts: 19
    Options
    Hi Lucie!
    Without a doubt I know you are going to love MFP :)
    Good luck with your goals and feel free to add me x
  • Overboard_Eater
    Overboard_Eater Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Welcome!. My advice? Take your measurements and some before pics. You will be glad you did in about a month when you see the difference.