breakfast calorie dilema!

Options
2»

Replies

• douglasmobbs
    douglasmobbs Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is one meal in a day, it really does not matter when you eat the calories.

Being the low weight you are I appreciate that 350 calories is a significant amount of your daily allowance. If you want to keep your breakfast as it is you have a couple of choices to maintain or slowly lose weight.

Split your remaining calories over 2 or 3 other meals.
    Up your exercise a little.

Dried fruit is nice and provides good nutrition but it is a calorie dense food. Also the higher sugar content will give you a bit of a boost but may reduce the length of time breakfast keeps you full.
  • hmoore202
    hmoore202 Posts: 15
    Options
    Honestly, I think 350 cals for breakfast is fine, nothing to do with working out in the mornings.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Is there a particular reason you want to reduce the number of calories you're consuming for breakfast?

350 calories is a perfectly fine breakfast. It's the most important meal of the day and gets your metabolism working...so eat up!! Oatmeal is good for you, so just stick to the 1/2c dry oats serving size, use water and either fresh fruit or 2 tbsp of raisins/dried cranberries as others have suggested. When i eat oatmeal i like to use either 1/2 mashed banana with a tbsp sugar free syrup and cinnamon or i use raisins or bluberries. Very nutritious and filling.
  • emptyplate
    emptyplate Posts: 62
    Options
    Thankyou everyone this has been really useful. I didn't really have a ball park for portion sizes and calorie content. I'm one of those people that eats the dired furit and even though it's high calorie i'm like ' it doesn't matter it's good for me ' but i know it does. I'll start measuring thigns out alot more and try and get my familly to buy some nuts and things. Brilliant , feel so much better now .