New here, looking for cardio music ideas...

Options
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could shoot me some ideas for hip hop type cardio/ dance music. Rap and hip hop are not exactly my prefered genre but I enjoy the fast paced beats and find it easy to move to... Pretty much anything heart pumping with a good beat will do! I would be grateful for any ideas.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• oreillyn
    oreillyn Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure what type of MP3 player you have but if your on itunes, there are some great podcasts for fitness music, check it out when you have a chance.
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    I work with a bunch of Brazilian soccer players...and needless to say their music has made it's way into my workouts... Try looking at this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcm55lU9knw. It's a Brazilian guy named Michael Telo and the song is called Ai Se Eu Te Pego. I by no means speak Portuguese, but I know all the words (and what they mean).
  • melindacronin
    Options
    I love Linkin Park's music. They are hard rock and rap combined.
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    No rap or hip hop...Liquid tension Experiment is what you want.
  • mommy7713
    mommy7713 Posts: 9
    Options
    I don't have an MP3 player currently lol it broke and I'm cheap... looking for mainly rap/hiphop type things. Also the brazilain music link was nice to listen to, has almost a cajun type beat to it. Not quiet what I am looking for, but thank you both very much for sharing
  • curvymomo3
    curvymomo3 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I am super eclectic with my taste but I think these are fun in general!:

1. Survivor Eye of the Tiger
    2. Michael Jackson Beat it
    3. Justin Timberlake Sexy Back
    4. Metallica ALL I FREAKING LOVE METALLICA!!! LOL
    5. "She dropped the bomb on me *can't remember who sings this*
    6. LMFAO Sexy and I know it *LOL I WORK OUT! hahahah
    7. Black eyed peas Pump it or Junk in the Trunk song!
    8. Orgy Blue Monday * love the hoppy lil beat*
    9. Drowning pool Bodies
    10. Disturbed down with the sickness..

Thats all I can think of this morning have fun!!! :D I will be lurking around for some new beats as well!
  • jllnKU
    jllnKU Posts: 1
    Options
    PodRunner on iTunes is a free workout podcast that updates every week with an hour's workout (groove, funk, electric music) that has a beat per minute tag to each ( indicating how fast the music will be and can choose specific to the intensity of your workout). The BPM really does propel me to work harder and an hour speeds by. Check it out: http://www.djsteveboy.com/mixes.html
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    I don't have an MP3 player currently lol it broke and I'm cheap... looking for mainly rap/hiphop type things. Also the brazilain music link was nice to listen to, has almost a cajun type beat to it. Not quiet what I am looking for, but thank you both very much for sharing

I know what you mean...has taken me awhile to get used to listening to it. And lets be honest... Michael Telo' is not too hard on the eyes..lol
  • BryGuy2
    BryGuy2 Posts: 244
    Options
    If you're into rock and techno check out Pendulum, Deadmau5 and Kascade. I listen to those stations on Pandora and they're alwayys playing good beats.
  • mommy7713
    mommy7713 Posts: 9
    Options
    thank you everyone for the ideas so far, some pretty good ones in there. I just find that my prefered genres (60's and 70's rock and head music) arent exactly as fast paced as i need for cardio. I also enjoy heavy rock for working out strength training and knocking a heavy bag around lol my angry music :tongue:
  • jenniferleighvt
    Options
    For pop/hip hop/dance genre:

Bulletproof (Tiborg Remix) - La Roux
    Where Have You Been - Rihanna
    More (RedOne Jimmy Joker Remix) - Usher
    Rack City - Tyga
    We Found Love - Rihanna
    Kyoto - Skrillex
    Bangarang - Skrillex
    Brokenhearted - Karmin
    On The Floor - JLO and Pitbull

Also pretty much anything by David Guetta.
  • livingthings
    Options
    Hi: Go to youtube.com and search "hip hop cardio". That's a beginning!
  • livingthings
    Options
    You are so right! When I get home from work and do not feel like exercising, I just start up a Pendulum CD and the rest is history.
  • PanaMericann
    PanaMericann Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Have you looked at Reggeaton? It's hip hop in Spanish pretty much. The beats are always fun to workout to and if you don't like the genre, then it's good you can't (Unless you speak Spanish) understand the words haha. For example, Gasolina by Daddy Yankee.
  • mhawk81082
    mhawk81082 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use Pandora Radio App on my iphone, I know they have it on Droids as well. They have "workout" stations if you add a new station by Genre and they have like 10 different stations. Good luck to you all!
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    PARTY ROCK IS IN THE HOUSE TONIGHT!

EVERYBODY JUST HAVE A GOOD TIME

AND WE GONNA MAKE YOU LOSE YOUR MIND

WE JUST WANNA SEE YOU SHAKE THAT

EVERYDAY I'M SHUFFLIN'

SHUFFLIN', SHUFFLIN'

you're welcome.
  • ritchiec01
    Options
    Techno beats such as Bad Boy Bills music really get me going on cardio.
  • livingthings
    Options
    I totally agree!
  • oldscratch57
    Options
    I am super eclectic with my taste but I think these are fun in general!:

1. Survivor Eye of the Tiger
    2. Michael Jackson Beat it
    3. Justin Timberlake Sexy Back
    4. Metallica ALL I FREAKING LOVE METALLICA!!! LOL
    5. "She dropped the bomb on me *can't remember who sings this*
    6. LMFAO Sexy and I know it *LOL I WORK OUT! hahahah
    7. Black eyed peas Pump it or Junk in the Trunk song!
    8. Orgy Blue Monday * love the hoppy lil beat*
    9. Drowning pool Bodies
    10. Disturbed down with the sickness..

Thats all I can think of this morning have fun!!! :D I will be lurking around for some new beats as well!

nice ! !