Snacks I Bring to Work

Options
I wanted to start a thread to see what types of healthy snacks everyone likes to bring to work/school/trips...or even something easy at home. I figured this could help some of us out who have a hard time thinking of what to bring with us to work. Such as ME!

:happy: I have the following to start off...

Frigo Light Cheese = 60 cals
Emeral natural almonds (100 calorie pack) = 100 cals
6 Ritz whole wheat crackers & 1oz mozz cheese = 170 cals
carrots & 1 TBSP hummus = 60 cals
apple & 1 TBSP PB = 160 cals
1/4 c. whole wheat Chex + 1 TBSP peanuts + 1 TBSP craisins = 172 cals
3/4 c. dry Special K fruit n' yogurt = 120 cals

and of course fruits...oranges, bananas, grapes, strawberries...etc.

Replies

• April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    For my morning snack I eat an apple and 100 calorie pack of almonds.
    Afternoon snack I eat greek yogurt.
  • McFatterton
    McFatterton Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    1 Wasa whole-grain cracker w/ 1tbsp light cream cheese
    Special K crackers w/ 1 wedge of Laughing Cow cheese
    light pringles
    cucumbers
    Emerald Berry Blend trail mix
    Ritz 100 cal packs
    Kashi bars
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

I've always wanted to try greek yoghurt but dunno where to buy it? store and aisle?
  • wks7777
    wks7777 Posts: 230
    Options
    for my take along snacks i usually eat bananas, apples, or peaches with either walnuts, almonds, or pumpkin seeds. Or dry kashi cereal, or kashi bar. U can find all the nutritional value in the food search.
  • nolachick
    Options
    Am. snack Dannon Activia Fiber - Strawberry n cereal - 110 cals
    PM Snack - Zone Perfect Chocolate almond raisin 210cals but totally worth it.

(I need enough energy to alst me thru my pm workouts or I'll be too hungry)
  • khskr1
    khskr1 Posts: 392
    Options
    Greek yogurt and a piece of fruit in the am,
    Protien bar in the afternoon (usually a zone bar) YUM!
  • linz320
    linz320 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

I've always wanted to try greek yoghurt but dunno where to buy it? store and aisle?

I get mine at Fred Meyer. Same case as the organic milk and organic yogurt.
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    kicklikeaGIRL Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    hey linz...I was actually thinking of your post last week when I made this post!
    What is the difference between greek yogurt and regular yogurt? Taste differences? I've wanted to try it, but I haven't found any in "smaller" sizes!

Nolachick- where do you get the Zone bars? I'm thinking I need something in the late afternoon to hold me over until after my workout....
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options
    for my take along snacks i usually eat bananas, apples, or peaches with either walnuts, almonds, or pumpkin seeds. Or dry kashi cereal, or kashi bar. U can find all the nutritional value in the food search.

What kind of kashi cereal do you like? I have tried a few and haven't enjoyed the taste. Do you usually add fruit with the cereal to improve taste?
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options

Stoneyfield Farms makes a great organic one with honey. I get it at Sprouts.
  • atauds
    atauds Posts: 41
    Options
    baby carrots
    cut-up celery
    string cheese
    fresh fruit (grapes, apple or banana)
    multi-grain or whole grain crackers
    hummus
    Seapoint farms dried edamame beans (Costco)
  • jnikitow
    jnikitow Posts: 334
    Options
    hey linz...I was actually thinking of your post last week when I made this post!
    What is the difference between greek yogurt and regular yogurt? Taste differences? I've wanted to try it, but I haven't found any in "smaller" sizes!

Greek yogurt is a lot thicker than regular yogurt...kind of like sour cream. It has a lot more protein than regular yogurt as well. You can actually use it in recipes that call for sour cream.

I really like the Fage Total 0% brand and then I add a tablespoon of honey.
  • jhb090107
    Options
    I see some of my favorites and some new ideas - I love the Motts mango peach apple sauce cups
  • kicklikeaGIRL
    Options

Greek yogurt is a lot thicker than regular yogurt...kind of like sour cream. It has a lot more protein than regular yogurt as well. You can actually use it in recipes that call for sour cream.

so do you ever eat it plain or do you typically add either honey or fruits and things?? and is greek yogurt organic yogurt?
  • nolachick
    Options

Nolachick- where do you get the Zone bars? I'm thinking I need something in the late afternoon to hold me over until after my workout....

The zone perfect bars are available @ walmart in various flavors. This is the only one I have tried but I'm addicted. Tastes like a candy bar and does a great job at holding me over through my workouts.
    There are like $5 or $6 for 5 of 'em which is perfect for work :)
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

so do you ever eat it plain or do you typically add either honey or fruits and things?? and is greek yogurt organic yogurt?

Not all greek yogurt is organic. It's very thick and tart. If you're used to eating the sugar laden crap it'll be a shock the first time you eat it. I also like the Fage 0% but strawberry or blueberry because it's a bit sweeter and more palateble.

I usually have:
    greek yogurt
    almonds
    carrots
    prunes
    left over quinoa or brown rice
  • jules1984
    jules1984 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Apples (with 1 TBSP Peanut butter on a spoon if I'm really hungry)

Clementines (cuties have 2 grams of fiber each)

Cheerios - That's right everyone I eat dry cheerios out of a baggie. My coworkers always point out that their 5 year-olds do the same thing but I don't care they are yummy and good for you!

:laugh: :laugh:
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

Cheerios - That's right everyone I eat dry cheerios out of a baggie. My coworkers always point out that their 5 year-olds do the same thing but I don't care they are yummy and good for you!

:laugh: :laugh:

Oooh, I do the same thing. I can't stand milk in my cereal so this is how I always eat my cereal. :bigsmile:
  • LittleEva44
    Options
    Sunflower seeds, peanuts, and almonds
    Slim Fast snack bars (6 in a box)
    Apples (before I work out during lunch time)
    Slim Fast ready-to-drink protein shake (after I work out during lunch time)

***** at home is a little different since I don't tend to eat much when I'm at work. I guess it's because I am busy chewing gum, tons of water all day, and cups of black Chai tea.

Blessings! :flowerforyou:

Eva
  • cattiemac
    cattiemac Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    What kind of kashi cereal do you like? I have tried a few and haven't enjoyed the taste. Do you usually add fruit with the cereal to improve taste?

I LOVE Kashi Go Lean Crunch!! It's super yummy and IMHO better than the other Kashi cereals I've tried.