Dear Sir...about your cologne...

Options
plbrown81
plbrown81 Posts: 32 Member
Gentlemen - let me let you in on a little secret. Most ladies DO like cologne. I mean, I certainly enjoy a man who smells good. It makes me want to lean in and sniff him a little closer...

But that's the secret. I shouldn't smell you from across the room, or across the gym. I should only smell it lightly when I'm close to you so that I *want* to get closer to you to smell it better. It's not guaranteed to make panties drop if it's so strong small birds are falling out of the trees when you walk by. In fact, when it's that strong it's more of a repellent - STAY AWAY! IF HE CAN'T CONTROL A SMALL BOTTLE, HOW WILL HE APPROACH THE REST OF HIS LIFE???

Please. For the love of the ladies (or gentlemen if that's your preference). Keep it light. And remember - women have a better sense of smell than men do (overall, as a gender. I'm sure there are individual variances). Less is more.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,665 Member
    Options
    Lol, I'm in the gym throughout the whole day and it's actually perfume that's more of the problem than cologne.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • plbrown81
    Options
    I can believe that as well. Some women don't know when to say enough is enough either :P
  • BigDaddyRonnie
    BigDaddyRonnie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Lol, I'm in the gym throughout the whole day and it's actually perfume that's more of the problem than cologne.

I agree...and if women have a better sense of smell than men, the women must really be pouring it on.

Also, keep in mind...a lot of deodorants release their fragance when activated. So maybe it was a fault of the brand, rather than the person. IMO...
  • plbrown81
    Options
    Not unless they caked it on. And today I'm in the lab at work and one of the service guys is here working on our analyzer. I can smell it across the room.