Starting Over

Options
Good morning all,
I'm not new to MFP, but I've definitely have an on and off again relationship with it. This time I am determined to stick with it, and I'm looking for friends and motivators to help me stay on track. I've always had trouble with losing weight and I basically want to be able to look in the mirror and see someone who is healthy and happy with how she looks. That and I have a deal going on with my Army brother that by the time I see him again (October) I will have kept up with everything and have something to show for it :happy:

Replies

• beautifullyblessed16
    beautifullyblessed16 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    My relationship with MFP has been on and off too but like you, I am determined to stick with it through the good and the bad. I just started back again on the 25th of this month and decided to start the 30 day shred today to help me push toward a goal. Feel free to add me for support and best wishes on your journey!
  • naji2
    naji2 Posts: 1
    Options
    Intoobhave been on and off again with sticking to a healthy lifestyle and I too am looking for friends to add to help motivate me. So feel free.
  • Makay1
    Makay1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Good morning!! I too am starting over!! I lost 30 lbs last summer/fall, then just stopped exercising and watching my diet for no good reason at all. I realized over the weekend that I am slowly putting on the pounds that I worked so hard to lose. I started using MFP again yesterday, started walking again in the evenings, and started the 30 day shred this morning. I am determined to do this. Feel free to add me as a friend.....we can motivate one another!!:smile:
  • yelldan22
    yelldan22 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat you are. Did this a couple years ago and lost 70 lbs. I'm crawling back again. We can do this!!!
  • wrenegade
    wrenegade Posts: 7
    Options
    I just started up again, too. My motivation began last night when I went to a Theatre to see one of my favorite broadway stars perform live. I sat down in the seat, and my hips could barely squeeze between the arm rests. Today I have bruises on my hips from that blasted chair. Realizing that I've hit the point where I'm too big to fit in a seat in a Theatre was a real wake up call. Good luck to you! We can all do this!! Especially if we have the support of each other :)
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi girls!! .. I HEAR YOU!

I am in the UK.. a mum with two jobs, 3 teens. (and a great supportive SLIM- FIT man in my life) ...

I am 'Starting over' too.. (again again!) TODAY!! ..

It drives me MAD!... I knoww what to do, I know what to eat, I read/watch/do/think. .. all the 'right' things.. but never seem to implement them for long enough.. or 'Long term' rather.

I have approx 70lbs to lose.. but at the moment.. I would be THRILLED with 5lbs!.. thats going to be my first goal. *5lbs*

I have ChaLEAN Extreme.. which I do .. hmmm.. 4 times a week? .. (I need to DO IT!! The whole thing!) .. I have 30 day Shred too.. which I have dipped in and out of.. for a few days here and there. (GRRR!!!)... (I also have Turbo Jam, and Turbo Fire.. TF and I are not friends.. I dont like it at all.. I'm more a ChaLEAN Extreme gal)

What makes me mad with myself.. is I set a plan.. meals.. workouts etc etc.. .. I DO them.. and I lose weight!!.. I see shape.. tone.. I see myself getting smaller..

I AM THRILLED!!

Then.. *something* clicks in my head.. (no idea what??) ... and I start to give up.. and it's almost like sabotage.. in that I will eat and eat and EATTTTTTTTT.. I know what I am doing.. and I have no idea WHY!..

But I am sooo sick of it.

This is is the first time I have used/joined the 'Community' here.. its the only thing I haven't tried!

and you know.. already.. just reading the comments before mine.. I already KNOW I have done the right thing.

I have two jobs.. and struggle to find time for 'Me' .. but I am determined not to KEEP repeating this pattern over and over.

Please feel free to add me as a friend if you think I can help you in any way too.

Eupho xx
  • reyna99
    reyna99 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Been here for a year and half, feel free to add me!