How do you do it??

Options
Question: Do you weigh yourself naked or with clothes? What is an accurate reading? Without clothes and shoes Im like 3lbs lighter, but I figure I will keep the accurate reading with clothes??

Replies

• steph1278
    steph1278 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I weigh first thing when I wake up on Friday mornings without clothes. Unless you wear the same thing everytime you weigh in, there could be a difference. But there is no right or wrong way in my opinion. Whatever you are comfortable with.
  • tlp148
    tlp148 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I typically weigh nude and only in the a.m. once a week. However on the day I went to the Dr for my physical I weighed nude, then with clothes since at the Dr I will weigh in their hall with the same clothes. That gives me a good idea if my scale is calebrated correctly.

Try to weigh at approximately the same time, wearing (or not wearing) the same attire.
  • IveLanded
    IveLanded Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself the same each time. I use the same scale at the same time of day, and generally I'm in my work out clothes (sports bra, light T, compression shorts, no shoes). Honestly, it doesn't matter how you do it, what matters is that you do it the same each time.
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, after the loo on a day when I feel 'light' and without clothes. Don't ever weigh daily or after a night out on the tiles!
    I weigh about every 3 weeks but I'm now maintaining. During weight loss, I'd weigh in about once a week. No more. x
  • pullipgirl
    pullipgirl Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    first thing after the bathroom with night shirt on
  • izzydino
    izzydino Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    first thing in the morning, butt naked after taking care of business.
  • FungusTrooper
    FungusTrooper Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter how you do it, as long as you do it the same way each time on the same scales. Whether the scale says you're 150lbs one week and 148lbs the next, or if it says 160lbs one week and 158lbs the next, the point is you've lost 2lbs regardless.

So choose for yourself, but make sure you get in a routine - if you do it naked one week, do it naked from then on. If you do it before eating breakfast one week, do it before breakfast every week, etc.
  • atoffan
    atoffan Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I second IveLanded. I personally do only mornings before I eat and in underwear. It really doesn't matter when you do it as long as it's consistent. Time of day is important along with varying clothes. Since you can fluctuate up to 5lbs a day, I try to keep time very consistent. I also like to only weigh once a week since the difference day to day is minimal.
  • VSGme
    VSGme Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    first thing in the morning, butt naked after taking care of business.

^^ me too
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    Ladies, not sure I understand what you mean by nude. Some Videos might help. LOL I'm joking.

I weigh right after my shower after my workout after my morning UM, ritual and in the buff, sneaking up on the scale as my wife calls it.
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Once a week (Sat morn) after bathroom visit and morning walk with dog, in my underwear.
  • jzrharv
    jzrharv Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I do it pretty much daily (sans clothes) in the morning, but only record as official my Sunday morning weight. The other days are mostly to make sure there are no excessive variations from the declining average. Like to keep a watch on what is going on, but not concerned that some days are up a few lbs, others down a few, as long as the monthly trend is DOWN. More interesting is the weekly "trying on of the old clothes" I have not fit in for over a decade. I started at a 44 waist (on a 5'8"body) and can now fit comfortably in 34/35. Much more rewarding, if you ask me.
  • DrowningMermaid
    Options
    I weigh before my shower, fully naked, after my morning poo.
  • cwelch2677
    cwelch2677 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have started recording my weight 1st thing on Wednesday morning after I handle my business, in my jammies, before breakfast. I like the mid-week weigh in :) Too much pressure at the end of the week.
  • NeedANewFocus
    NeedANewFocus Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Question: Do you weigh yourself naked or with clothes? What is an accurate reading? Without clothes and shoes Im like 3lbs lighter, but I figure I will keep the accurate reading with clothes??

I usually weight with clothes on. Depending on how many clothes I'm wearing I'll take up to 3 pounds off to account for the added weight.