Big step forward

Options
Hello all....I have been on MFP for 8 days now. I have been reading everything I can about to make this successful for me. There's tons of great advice out there. I have my food diary set to lose 1 pound a week with no exercise goals put in even though I am walking every day.

I am a very private person and this is a huge step for me. I have made my profile viewable to MFP members and even posted "before" pics in my profile, even though they are current pictures of myself. This is huge for me! I am an expert at hiding my body through creative clothing choices. I think that by showing the MFP world what I really look like and what I am really eating I will push myself to try harder everyday.

Today I am feeling really good. I haven't weighed myself for awhile...I will on Friday morning. No matter what the scale shows I am feeling better and stronger everyday. Today I pushed through a tough workout for myself and I can feel slight changes in body.

I love the support that MFP offers! Thanks for looking at my profile pics cause I know you did :) Creepers :tongue: I appreciate any comments and feedback, even friend requests.

Replies

• brigid0113
    brigid0113 Posts: 16
    Options
    You are doing great with exercising everyday. I'm so happy that you already feel better. That's my whole reason for doing this now. Whether the scale is nice to you or not, remember that it's just a number and what really matters is how you feel physical and emotionally. This is a long journey for me too and I try not to lose sight of the end goal that I don't really care if I'm ever "skinny" I just wanna feel good. Keep on truckin'. :smile:
  • Kcarroll01
    Kcarroll01 Posts: 18
    Options
    Hey there....you look great! You really don"t have much to lose. By the time you go back to school, you can have made a big difference in your weight loss. I am a teacher too :)
  • MrsB724
    MrsB724 Posts: 247
    Options
    Thanks friends! I appreciate the encouragement more than you know.....
  • luvhandles74
    luvhandles74 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Good on ya MrsB :)

You will get where you want to go, just keep moving forward. A pound a week is awesome. You look great already just imagine how terrific you'll look in a few weeks! :)

Feel free to friend me if you like :)

Good Luck!!
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wooohooo MrsB!

What a great and super positive start! :happy:

(im new too!)

and as you can see, I am not yet even as brave as YOU!.. so, well done!!
  • danam82
    danam82 Posts: 30
    Options
    You're off to a great start! Kudos to you for opening yourself up. The support system on MFP is amazing, and I've found it VERY helpful. You're doing a great thing for yourself by exercising, and setting a good example for your kids.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Good choice! I'd love to support you along the way. I think our goals are similar.
  • duhblond
    duhblond Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Creeper here :P
    I just wanted to say how great it is that you are feeling stronger, that feeling of accomplishment is amazing.
    Wishing you the very best on your weight loss journey :)
  • slyder432
    slyder432 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    You are off to a good start!! Stay confident and motivated. The change will happen before you know it. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • Reana27
    Reana27 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for starting the journey. I've been on for about a month now (religiously) and I really enjoy being motivated (and providing motivation) to all my friends. Every day is not always good, but I like the "responsibility" I feel to log everything and interact with everyone. I haven't lost much weight, but I am exercising EVERY day (which is a huge change for me) and I can see the difference in my body and my attitude.

Keep up all the great work :flowerforyou: