Polar FT4 or FT7

Options
Hi I have been looking at getting a HRM but cant decide on the FT4 or FT7. Could someone please give me some advice.

Replies

• little_princess
    little_princess Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am interested too...
  • Thechiplover
    Thechiplover Posts: 118
    Options
    I have the FT4...

havent used it much as yet but when i have it seems very accurate, it does calories burned, your heart rate (obviously) and your heart rate zone and hold your last 10 excersices.

So i would recomend it
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    I have the FT7 which is great, not sure what the difference is with the HT4....does it show calorie count? The polar website is great for feedback too :happy:
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7.

Works for me :)
  • FJMilner
    FJMilner Posts: 407
    Options
    Just looked on the polar website, it looks like the main difference is that the FT7 is compatable with a flowlink (which enables you to download the data onto their website) and the FT4 doesn't look like it has that compability. Hope this helps, but the polar website will let you compare several at a time
  • clairyfairy247
    clairyfairy247 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I just bought an FT7 - it is amazeballs!!
  • Fit_Canuck
    Fit_Canuck Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    FT4 and FT7 are basically the same device except like one mentioned "flowlink" for which you will need to buy another adapter. The kit doesn't come with what you need to connect to the web out of the box.
  • freeli
    freeli Posts: 43
    Options
    Got the FT7, and have to admit that I just recently started to go running and bought it for motivation.

if you buy the flowlink thiny you can transfer the data from the FT7 to the computer, no data transfer with the FT4. I don't do that anyway tho. Also the FT7 has the screen where it shows you if you are trainig in your fat-burning zone or the fitness zone which the FT4 does not have.

I went for FT7 because it was only ten quid more than the FT4.
  • hpsaucette
    hpsaucette Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have just bought the FT4 because it was cheaper and I couldn't be bothered to keep debating between various models. It hasn't arrived yet.

However you should read this blog post:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472
  • LilacDreamer
    LilacDreamer Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    I love my FT7, it's like a trusted friend.

:)
  • Andyblood
    Andyblood Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I think its going to be the FT7

Plus only being 10 quid more for more features.
  • BriaMc
    BriaMc Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I have just bought the FT4 because it was cheaper and I couldn't be bothered to keep debating between various models. It hasn't arrived yet.

However you should read this blog post:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Azdak/view/the-real-facts-about-hrms-and-calories-what-you-need-to-know-before-purchasing-an-hrm-or-using-one-21472

awesome blog thanks for sharing!
  • tabinmaine
    tabinmaine Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I have the FT7 and I LOVE it !!
  • laceybrobie
    laceybrobie Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I also have the FT7. LOVE IT.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Just got an FT7 and I'm already in love. The polar website gives good descriptions to allow you to compare features.
  • mo135
    mo135 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    You can find a review of these two HRM here: http://fitnesselectronicsblog.com/polar-ft1-ft2-ft4-ft7-heart-rate-monitors-review/ Plus, these folks also review other brands.
  • 916lude
    916lude Posts: 305
    Options
    Got the FT7, and have to admit that I just recently started to go running and bought it for motivation.

if you buy the flowlink thiny you can transfer the data from the FT7 to the computer, no data transfer with the FT4. I don't do that anyway tho. Also the FT7 has the screen where it shows you if you are trainig in your fat-burning zone or the fitness zone which the FT4 does not have.

I went for FT7 because it was only ten quid more than the FT4.

Pretty much this. I have the FT4. Awesome