WTF??? Week 2 let down...

Options
2»

Replies

• ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I am working with a doctor (and a nutritionist) and have just started my weightless journey. My first week I was down 8 lbs (yeah!) but the second week I was actually UP 1.5 lbs (boo!). I had been just as careful and stuck to my calories so I was pretty frustrated... but my doctor explained it to me.

The glycogen cells that store our energy are made up of a lot of water. When we are not eating well, that tank of glycogen is pretty full. After a week of eating better the tank emptied and I lost all of that water weight. In fact, I had lost about 2.5 lbs of fat and the rest was water. (That explained all of the peeing.)

The second week my bodied figured out this is the new normal and the tank levelled off at about half full. I still lost 2 - 2.5 lb s of fat, but with that extra water back, you could not see it on the scale.

According to my doctor, fat loss is pretty linear. If you stick to your calories you should continue to lose fat. But the scale will not always reflect that.

Hope that helps.

This is a great explanation! Goes to show the number on the scale isn't that crucial.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome. Losing 9 lbs in 2 weeks and you are complaining?! get real!

THIS!!! it took me 3 months to lose 9lbs....
  • lforner46
    lforner46 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    You are doing awesome. Losing 9 lbs in 2 weeks and you are complaining?! get real!

THIS!!! it took me 3 months to lose 9lbs....

I HAS TAKEN ME 5 MONTHS TO LOSE 15 LBS - DON'T GIVE UP - I would LOVE TO LOSE 1.5 lbs in a week.