*kitten* Toss?

Options

Replies

• carld256
    carld256 Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    This thread reminded of a video I watched a while back. The kid does pretty good once he gets the hang of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NweZVTBM4gU
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Is the object of the game to get it in the hole?
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    We usually call it Bean Bag Toss.. but sometimes I've heard it called *kitten*.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    I've never played THIS version....

Come visit me in Kentucky Q, we have both versions here.
  • whiplashpcw
    whiplashpcw Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I always laugh when I hear it called cornholing. LOL
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Would you like to play a game?

jigsaw-saw.jpg
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Here in the south, *kitten* is a staple!

I play every cookout, football tailgate and just whenever!
    And for some reason, I am much better with a drink in my non-thowing hand. We have a theory its about balance.... :)

Since it's a "staple" we should be friends!!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    We purposely brought that up to work for our employee apreciation day and HR made us change the name of the game. Frickin HR people. :devil:
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    YES.

I originally learned to call it 'Bags' or 'Mr. Bags' after the brand and I've played at a family members house my first trip to the States and loved it! Since then I bought the Wii version and I've played the arcade bags, but it's not the same. I'm actually going for a road trip to buy a custom set of regulation boards and I can't wait to start playing again!
  • niceguy4186
    niceguy4186 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Been playing it for years here in Ohio. It started becoming popular just as I was getting out of college in 2005. Hillbilly golf (ladder ball) tried to make a run, but never really caught on. I learned about beersbee (knockoff) about a year ago, which I think is better. When I have get to gethers, I normally put out all three, a lot of people play *kitten*, hillbilly golf normally gets left alone, but beersbee has been the most competitive.
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    LOVE this game... but we usually call it "Bags"
  • kimi233
    kimi233 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Been playing it for years here in Ohio. It started becoming popular just as I was getting out of college in 2005. Hillbilly golf (ladder ball) tried to make a run, but never really caught on. I learned about beersbee (knockoff) about a year ago, which I think is better. When I have get to gethers, I normally put out all three, a lot of people play *kitten*, hillbilly golf normally gets left alone, but beersbee has been the most competitive.

Just played beersbee for the first time this summer and thought it was fun too, nice to keep the options open!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    using corn hole and tailgating in the same post make my inner 12 years old bust out laughing. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

*snicker*

I learned the ways of *kitten* in college.....
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    Options
    Here in the south, *kitten* is a staple!

I play every cookout, football tailgate and just whenever!
    And for some reason, I am much better with a drink in my non-thowing hand. We have a theory its about balance.... :)
    ^^^This! a tailgate isn't a tailgate without *kitten*!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

Just like most other things in life, sports, etc.
  • _the_feniks_
    _the_feniks_ Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    Love a good ole round of *kitten* toss.
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I am going to be playing *kitten* all day on the 4th!! Can't wait it's been soooooooooo long..:glasses:
  • crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options

Just like most other things in life, sports, etc.

isn't that why guys struggle with this game....? jk
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I've never played it but I have seen it being played. I actually thought it was a name made up by the resort we stay at. Didn't know it was real!
  • lnnptrck
    lnnptrck Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    *kitten* is the basis of nearly all of our social events here in NC: tailgating, fundraising, bar b ques, etc. It's so fun and so worth the purchase. We found that you can build them yourself for a lot less than what you can find them online for.