Beet Recipes

Options
andrea9873
andrea9873 Posts: 171 Member
i know many of you can't even imagine devouring a beet, But I'm absolutely in love with them lately...

i bought a bunch of organic golden beets at my health grocery store.

peeled, washed, sliced and cooked them in a baking dish of 1/3 cup of water on the veggie setting for your microwave.

then i created the most delicious grilled beet sandwich using Ezekiel bread and smart balance butter. I suppose you can add cheese and that would be good too.

any other yummy beet recipes out there?

Replies

• caberselli
    caberselli Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just ate my first RAW beet, ever. I have always loved canned or picked beets. So I bought some fresh beets the other day. For lunch I just chopped one into bite-sized cubes and tossed it with lettuce, onions, cucumbers & mushrooms. Topped it off with balsalmic vinegar.

I am in love with fresh beets now & can't wait to see if there are any good recipe suggestions here.
  • donniesgirrl
    Options
    I'm a bit of a crazy eater, so I can tell you there are a couple beet recipes I have been eyeing on weelicious, including beet cupcakes and beet pancakes.

Also, my husband is allergic to tomatoes, and I was eyeing a tomato-free marinara sauce on the Living Without magazine site. It calls for canned beets, but that is an easy substitution.

Usually, I just cook & eat them plain, though.
  • donniesgirrl
    Options
    Oh and weelicious has a very tasty looking and pretty recipe for beet and white bean hummus.