I think my mom wanted a boy...

Options
That's the only explanation I have for being named Chandler! I'm 24, 5'7", and currently 180lbs. I reached my highest weight to date in January of this year (I was 189) and vowed that I would not hit 200. The 9lb loss has simply been a result of trying to eat few calories. Every few weeks I tried to count calories, but always fell off the bandwagon--a recurring trend whenever I have attempted any weight loss plan/exercise routine. Growing up I never thought I was ugly, but I never felt good about my body/shape. I know I'm not obese and I could be worse off, but I'm afraid if I don't do something now I'll eventually hit 200+. I've never been depressed about my weight or anything like that and I've always loved myself for what's on the inside. All I want is to look as good on the outside as I feel on this inside. I've attempted this many times and have never lost more than 10lbs or kept any weight I did lose off. I've exercised with my parents and my sister, but the motivation never last and I haven't been able to find an avenue that KEEPS me motivated. I hope MFP can help. First Goal 150...here I go.

P.S. my profile pic is of me mid-March of this year, approx. 185lbs. Hoping for an after pic that looks a lot better!

Replies

• TangledUp_InBlue
    TangledUp_InBlue Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great site with awesome support.
  • Glynny4
    Glynny4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey,

Just wanted to touch base and see how your workouts are going? Feel free to get in touch so we can help each other stay motivated, eat healthy, and live happy fulfilling lives. Feel free to "friend" me on FB so we can keep in touch more easily.
    I hope life is treating you well!

http://www.facebook.com/GetGlynnyFit
  • ChandlerLeah
    Options
    Thanks! Currently my workouts are non existent. I think for now I'm going to focus on eating right, once I'm consistent with that I'll add the workouts back. I think my failure in the past has been a result of trying to start out to fast/to do much up front and then getting discouraged when I didn't see immediate results.

Now to test image posting: This is another shot from my engagement session that is a big motivator for me. I hate the obvious muffin top in it!

EngagementPic2.jpg