Scrambled eggs/omelet recipes?

mrsvanderpool
mrsvanderpool Posts: 133 Member
I've had scrambled eggs with spinach and mushrooms the past two mornings (delicious!) I've been making them with the egg whites in a box, do it is low cal too:) does anyone have some more ideas for scrambled eggs or omelets that are low cal and filling? Thanks!

Replies

• Collidoscopekid
    Collidoscopekid Posts: 195 Member
    I like to had tomatoes and onions in my omelets sometimes. Also, sometimes I put hot sauce on them to give it an extra kick without the extra calories.
  • vmassey88
    vmassey88 Posts: 73
    salsa is always good on eggs and only 10 cals for 2 tablespoons :-)
  • moseler
    moseler Posts: 224 Member
    I really like reduced fat mozzarella, sun dried tomatoes, onions and zucchini chopped into little pieces... I then add salsa to the top. YUM - A - RIFIC!
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    spinach & feta cheese is a delicious combo :)

I also like tomatoes with my eggs, freshens it up some...

and of course, I love my jalapeno, cheddar & salsa omelets (I LOVE jalapenos)
  • ChelleDJM
    ChelleDJM Posts: 161
    I use egg whites often in the morning too and I like to take leftover veggies from the night before and add them to my eggs (roasted asparagus, steamed broccoli, etc. I usually do 4 egg whites (I separate the eggs because we get lots from a local farm), add some onion powder and pepper and then put those in the pan. Wait til it's almost cooked and flip it, then add chopped veggies and a little ham and a piece of cheese if I think I have the cals. Great protein punch in the morning.
  • pamelad77
    pamelad77 Posts: 292 Member
    I put chopped up turkey rashers in my omelette the other day. It was really yummy and gave an extra protein hit too
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Bump for ideas :)
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    salsa is always good on eggs and only 10 cals for 2 tablespoons :-)
    ^^^ This! Cook the eggs in sauteed minced onion. Just before you take the pan off the burner, add some minced tomato (patted dry with a paper towel). When you plate the eggs, add 1/2 avocado diced. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons salsa (you choose how hot).

I sometimes have this for supper instead of breakfast. Very tasty stuff!
  • lstockham39
    lstockham39 Posts: 26 Member
    Bump
  • bhaas1972
    bhaas1972 Posts: 6 Member

http://www.hungry-girl.com/

She gives great recipes for egg mugs. Love them with the laughing cow wedges.
  • cella2121
    cella2121 Posts: 2
    OMG! I make this omelet that is soooood good!
    4 egg whites, a splash of skim milk,
    garlic and onion powder,
    dash of season pepper
    1 cup of baby spinach and cut grape tomatoes
    1 oz of fat free feta cheese

......seriously it is to die for. I eat that along with some fat free plain fage yogurt with blueberries and a little low fat granola. The whole meal is around 250 cals and I am usually way full until lunch! :] Enjoy!
  • Bumping for ideas!