How do you think of the end result...

Options
...when you don't remember ever being thin?

I don't remember ever being smaller - overweight my entire life... before my teenage years I just remember being the tallest girl in my class, so always uncomfortable in my own skin. How do you focus on the end when you don't have anything to compare it to? I've been doing some deep thinking about why I've failed in the past, and I think that maybe I'm scared of change. Any thoughts?

Replies

• Kandy0202
    Kandy0202 Posts: 32
    Options
    maybe because like you said that's all your use to. so now its time to tell yourself i do deserve to be healthier and i'm gonna dedicate to my success. just get into the mind frame of i can do anything and this is what i want to do. And never let that little woice in the back of your mind say any different.......something to think about
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Totally in the same boat! 6'1.5" and have never been a size or shape that I was satisfied with. I have been at the upper end of normal or the lower end of overweight (so, chubby) for pretty much my entire life and I'm sick of it, but I get to a point (a few kg lower than where I am now) and it's like I get scared, or think that it's good enough when it's not even close to my goal, or something. I want so badly to push through that barrier but something stops me. Complacency, perhaps. Or thinking that close enough is good enough - going easy on yourself isn't really productive in this situation! And saying "I can do this" is hard when "this" is totally intangible and impossible to picture. Please let me know if you come up with a solution.

PS - The closest I have come to having that goal picture in my head was seeing a recent edition of Australian Marie Claire magazine, and there was a line-up of six women who were all a size twelve. One of them was exactly my height, and pretty much what I want to look like, and pretty much what my goal weight is. You should see if you can find a copy because I found it helpful.
  • Kandy0202
    Kandy0202 Posts: 32
    Options
    to me it just sounds like you beat yourself up to much your the only one stopping you thats all too negative and not getting past all that is holding you back you have to want it for yourself and change will happen with time if your dedicated
  • emom3boys
    emom3boys Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Thank you. Yesterday was having a down day, today feeling better about myself. Thanks again!