Need 5K Reward ideas....

Options
I'm running my first 5K on July 28th. I've decided that if I run the entire thing (in a respectable amount of time), I need to reward myself. Any ideas??

Replies

• SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    A Heart Rate monitor
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    A tall glass of cold water and the exhilarating feeling you get from attaining your goal.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    A nice frame for the medal and bib!
  • Ddkrause
    Ddkrause Posts: 15
    Options
    A new car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    This! Also, maybe a pedicure or something relaxing for all your hard work :)
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    This! Also, maybe a pedicure or something relaxing for all your hard work :)

:flowerforyou: I did a pedicure after my first half marathon and it was heaven!! Mani/pedi is a great gift to yourself.
  • phillieschic
    phillieschic Posts: 615
    Options
    I do pedicures...new hair style...new sports bra...etc.

No, I'm not vain. :wink:
  • Im_NotPerfect
    Im_NotPerfect Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I don't think we get a medal at this race :( That'd be enough for me though!!

I was thinking of a Pedicure (LOVE THEM!) though...
  • calitravelingal
    Options
    any kind of spa type treatment. depending on budget of course! i get pedi's often enough to not consider it a reward. I would go the way of a facial, full body massage or full body exfoliation. I've also considered things like fancy shoes or a new purse.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I run races for donuts. :laugh: It's the only time I'll eat them.
  • Enonoid
    Enonoid Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    run with a bag and stock up on the free bananas and muffins and snacks they offer at the conclusion. LOL
  • brandyk77
    brandyk77 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    When i got to my first weight goal, I gave myself a nice pair of oakley running sunglasses.

massages and pedis are great too :)
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    I think if I finish my first K... period.... which will be closer to November... I am going to finally buy me one of those cute jogging skirts I have been wanting so badly... because I will officially be a runner by then (in my opinion).
  • janiceover
    janiceover Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    New running outfit.....bright pink!!! Why not add the matching shoes as well!!!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I go and have a big breakfast after wards. mmmm....omelets!
  • omma_to_3
    omma_to_3 Posts: 3,265 Member
    Options
    I run races for donuts. :laugh: It's the only time I'll eat them.

My races always seem to have bananas. I hate bananas LOL. Actually, the first one had donut holes but they were just plain. Not worth the calories for me LOL.
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I am a sock freak so my first thought was a pair of really cool running socks. With that in mind you should think of what makes you smile and will motivate you to do it again, so a great ____(fill in the blank here)____ that is just for YOU! If that conjured up a reasonable thing, then make it that!
    And if you are a sock freak too then check out these sites:http://www.sockittome.com/cart/index.php?dispatch=categories.view&category_id=170 or more for running: http://www.zombierunner.com/store/brands/drymax/
  • paigele
    paigele Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    NEW SHOES! You will need really good running shoes to encourage you to take on your new hobby.
    I LOVE 5Ks.