Fed up and ready for a change!!!

Options
Hello, I've been "trying" to lose weight for a while now but until recently I finally admitted to myself that I was really not ready. I was not ready to give up my "comfort" foods or move my lazy body to start exercising. I have finally realized that life is too short and precious for me to continue to "waste" myself in this vicious cycle of yo-yoing. I am an emotional eater. I've wasted many years being overweight...NO MORE!!!!! I look forward to reading your posts for tips and motivation. For all of you out there being successful and sticking to the plan...CONGRATS!!!! I know soon enough I'll be among you.

Replies

• lucybelly
    lucybelly Posts: 17
    Options
    hi, welcome to our weight loss journey it's my second week and i'm sticking to my diet this site has been soooo helpful and I hope it's helpful for you too.
  • GeekMomma42
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I totally understand your post. I am an emotional eater, plus I'm a mindless eater. I eat even though I'm not hungry and make poor choices. I've been on (and off) MFP for over a year. When I was using it, this site changed my life. I'm back in the saddle again for the long term.

I hope you have an amazing journey. When I started, someone told me "It's a marathon, not a sprint." Enjoy this marathon, and enjoy the changes in yourself. Good luck. Feel free to add me if you are looking for someone to add to your support team.
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck, cher.