Is Pink Salmon in a foil pouch eating clean?

Options
This is a stupid question I know, but the internet isnt telling me much so I'm curious as to what your opinions are.

I have Chicken of the Sea's brand of Pink Salmon and the ingredients are- Pink Salmon, Water, Veggie Broth, Salt. The foil pouch bothers me a bit though....it seems similar to eating old veggies instead of just picked veggies, and as result, not getting all the nutrients possible. Then again, the salmon is pretty much all protein and no vitamins anyway....

Arg

Replies

• theartichoke
    theartichoke Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Is canned or pouch anything clean? No.

I like this better....as clean as is reasonable and realistic for my life.

Eating clean is wonderful. If it's causing you stress about your choices...not so much. In my opinion, the salmon is just fine. It still contains the healthy fats you're looking for, still has protein.

Job well done!
  • ThatsNotMine
    ThatsNotMine Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thanks! That was what I was thinking. It's been run through a factory, disinfected, and sealed for years of freshness....can't be "clean" lol

No stress here. I love the stuff and buy it in bulk :) I just think too much.
    Thanks for your respose!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I would say ANYTHING packaged is not clean ??? maybe
  • niss63
    niss63 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    This is a stupid question I know, but the internet isnt telling me much so I'm curious as to what your opinions are.

I have Chicken of the Sea's brand of Pink Salmon and the ingredients are- Pink Salmon, Water, Veggie Broth, Salt. The foil pouch bothers me a bit though....it seems similar to eating old veggies instead of just picked veggies, and as result, not getting all the nutrients possible. Then again, the salmon is pretty much all protein and no vitamins anyway....

Arg

While eating clean involves eating minimally processed foods, it's unrealistic to eat only foods that have not been packaged for longer term safe storage. Concerning the food in question, I would try to make sure that it was wild caught salmon as opposed to farm raised, but being in a foil pouch does not make it fall outside of "clean" eating.
  • Anaconda62
    Anaconda62 Posts: 181
    Options
    Actually, some things are not bad packaged. They are usually packaged or canned on the boats they are caught.

This is also true of frozen vegetables. The majority are frozen almost immediately after picking, so they preserve the nutrients that "fresh" veggies begin to lose almost immediately upon picking.
  • ThatsNotMine
    ThatsNotMine Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Woohoo, my brand is wild-caught, not farm raised, according to the webite's FAQs.
    Thank you thank you thank you! Your opinions and comments are very interesting!