What's your favorite healthy thing to get from a restaurant?

Options
I had the 9 oz. serving of fruit & maple oatmeal from McDonald's for a mid-morning snack today, and it was DELICIOUS!
290 calories, 5g of protein, 4.5g of fat, 57g of carbs, 160mg of sodium, 32g of sugar. It's not the ideal thing, but I've never had it before and it is probably the healthiest thing McDonald's has. It pushed me just slightly over my sugar intake for today because of the apples, raisins, cranberries, and brown sugar in it. But, it was yummy and didn't push me over anything else :)
What is your favorite healthy thing to get from a restaurant? :)

Replies

• JustCierra12345
    Options
    McDonalds grilled chicken caesar salad and yogurt parfait. :)
  • delaney056
    delaney056 Posts: 475
    Options
    I originally wanted to get the yogurt parfait, because I've never had that either. This particular McDonald's was in a Walmart, so they didn't have the full menu :(
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I like the Wendy's Chicken caesar salad with grilled chicken and the red spicy dressing. It is a creamy dressing but I take most of the cheese out of the salad and use the dressing because it's so good, I think it's 140 calories for the little bag.
  • brittajane87
    brittajane87 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Mackenzie River (a Montana pizza place). They have the BEST house salad with grape nuts, pears, and a house vinaigrette. Delicious and pretty descent except I always get half an order of lodgepoles (cheese bread) with it!
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I don't really have a favorite thing from a restaurant, however I do have a favorite health bar I always find from little convenient stores and snack bars. Its the Odwalla bar. So delicious! Only 210 cals and filling for a snack.
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I love the bbq chicken chop salad at panera bread. It is 500 calories and is huge! It is great for a quick dinner.
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    Water
  • Saiklor
    Saiklor Posts: 183
    Options
    I love McDonalds parfaits for a breakfast-on-the-go. They are under 200 calories (only 120 w/o the icky granola) and I find them filling (and cheap!).
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    California Pizza Kitchen has a new quinoa salad with pinenuts sun dried tomatoes and other goodies. They also have a small plate starter thats the asparagus arugula salad and the fresh chunk parmesan is amazing on that. Their artichoke broccoli soup is only 100 cal for a cup. Also their tortilla soup is not as good (273/cup and higher fat b/c of cheese) but it is vegetarian - which is a nice rarity for tortilla soup.

Claim Jumpers has a side called a thai peanut coslaw. Their california salad is great too.

PF Changs (despite high sodium) has vegetarian lettuce wraps, and their asparagus side is AMAZING. Also you can get buddahs feast steamed for like 110 calories for the MEAL and you get protein b/c of the tofu. It's really good.

Nello's (In Phoenix not national) has this meditteranean salad that has chick peas, sun dried tomato, feta, and all sorts of goodies but this awesome pasta sauce dressing for it.

Abuelo's has a spinach enchilada that isn't that bad, and their steamed veggie side is exceptionally good. If I need more calories I'll get one spinach enchilada and one avocado but make sure to ask for red sauce not cream, with a side of steamed veggies.

McCormick & Schmidt has an arugula beet and pinenut salad that is very similar to CPK's dressing on their asparagus arulula salad, but the flavors with beets are creative. Their bread is nasty and sopped in butter, so the plus side is it is not tempting.

Panera's asian sesame salad (no chicken I'm a veggie) or their vegetable soup b/c of the pesto on top.

WildFlower (like panera's but a little nicer) has a fig sweet potato sandwich (not as healthy) I adore.

Corner Bakery (only saw in CA) has a really good grape strawberry fruit on greens salad, and a pablano sandwhich you can remove the cheese.

Pita Jungle makes amazing grilled veggies, and their falafel isn't bad. Haven't had a chance to try their grape leaves their always out, and their size on the side of hummos is pathetic. Most mediterranean places I know I am safe to find something.

Pei Wei - tons of options there (all high sodium of course). Edamame yummy. Or ginger broccoli tofu and eat half the side of brown rice. Or teryiaki tofu with veggies and eat half the brown rice.

IHop I get a light and fit spinach omlette and sub mushrooms another veggie, I have it made with egg whites not substitute.

USEgg zomg their protein pancakes will make you cry. However, I get a 1/2 and 1/2 - smaller protein pancakes and a skillet with veggies and egg whites. They don't have these in Portland so I miss them greatly.

At some non chain restaurants I've had some great healthy things like butternut squash enchiladas (practically no cheese), or veggie filled pablano peppers with a sweet potato pure and a small drizzle of cojita. (place in Scottsdale and place in Sedona respectively)

The place in Sedona sells a cook book, I'd get it as a gift for anyone - it's Elote's.

(realizing I eat out a ton more than most of you I thought I'd make a list...maybe it's helpful)
  • Salvi30
    Salvi30 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Chickean ceasar salads or taco salads
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Chipotle:

Double chicken burrito bol, white rice, black beans, lettuce, cheese, hot salsa, tomatoes.

Delicious and easy to FYM.
  • shynquiet1
    Options
    Big Boys- The portobello burger is so tasty. I order without the mayo and the bun. Yes, I realize that leaves only the mushroom, onions and cheese but it's still delish!:wink:
  • stfuriada
    stfuriada Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Grilled mahi.
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Grilled salmon over a Mediterranean-type salad (greens, olives, roasted red peppers, bit of feta) drizzled with balsamic vinegar :heart:
  • mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I love grilled shrimp and a majority of restaurants sell it