calories burned???

Options
I just started the 30 day shred. I dont have a HMR is there any way to know how many cals I am burning? approx?

Replies

• gypsycoyote
    Options
    I track it as circuit training, because that is what it is :D Hope that helps!
  • kellybean14
    kellybean14 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    You can manually monitor your heart rate by feeling for your pulse.. but that's a pain in the butt and probably not as accurate as a HRM. Investing in one is probably a really good idea.

If you go off the MFP calories burned estimate, make sure that you take off like 1/3 of the calories it said you burned. It tends to be way off, and if you're eating back the calories it tells you you burned, you might be in trouble. (I got myself into trouble when I was doing that initially, and buying the HRM was one of the best purchases I've ever made!)
  • mel5989
    mel5989 Posts: 80
    Options
    Thanks !! I will do that :)
  • RetroGlitzDiva
    RetroGlitzDiva Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Circuit training is the best estimate but since getting my HRM I have found that it can vary greatly depending on the intensity with which I do the video and the weights I am using. Buy yourself an HRM it is well worth the effort. Watching your heart rate can mean the difference between over doing it or being in it for the long haul.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    I usually burn about 180 calories when I do it (Wearing my Polar FT7 HRM).... not sure if that helps, though! 27 years old and about 125 lbs.