Whey protein on a plane?

Options
I was wondering if anyone has ever traveled and taken their whey protein/other supplements with them on a plane?

I'm going to Mexico next month and would like to continue my exercise/diet while I'm there. I was thinking of putting it into my checked luggage but the containers are so huge that they take up half the room in my suitcase.

Would it be better to just buy supplements there?

Replies

• mjsunshine16
    mjsunshine16 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    pre measure out what you need in baggies and label. they they should take up less room.
  • merisendabills
    Options
    pre measure out what you need in baggies and label. they they should take up less room.

Great idea! You don't think there will be a problem with having powder in a bag? One of them is vanilla and the last thing I want is people thinking I'm smuggling drugs lol.
  • MustBeTheRows
    MustBeTheRows Posts: 377 Member
    Options

Great idea! You don't think there will be a problem with having powder in a bag? One of them is vanilla and the last thing I want is people thinking I'm smuggling drugs lol.

244.jpg
  • Saiklor
    Saiklor Posts: 183
    Options
    They have sniffer dogs and drug-testing machines and all sorts of things. I'm sure they see footpowder and other powders all the time and are used to confirming that it's not cocaine :-)
  • kabbit42
    kabbit42 Posts: 85
    Options
    If you do go the baggy route make sure to double bag, one bag facing one way and one facing the other. The last thing you want (besides being arrested for drug smuggling) is to have a protein powder explosion all over your stuff!