P90X?

Options
Has anyone tried this video workout? I'm thinking about buying it
but I'm not sure if it'll be a waste of money... any opinions?

Replies

• jfiscer
    jfiscer Posts: 24
    Options
    Has anyone tried this video workout? I'm thinking about buying it
    but I'm not sure if it'll be a waste of money... any opinions?
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    P90X expects you to already be in great shape and then moves you to get into even better shape. At least thats what I've gathered about it so far. I know the basic fitness evaluation expects you to have a bunch of equipment at your disposal including a pull up bar.
  • jfiscer
    jfiscer Posts: 24
    Options
    thats kinda what I thought. thanks for confirming it!
  • commonsensefitness
    commonsensefitness Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Join gym, its more than worth million videos.
  • DesertWind
    DesertWind Posts: 17
    Options
    I have two friends currently using the P90X system. They have incorporated exercises using minimal equipment and their body weight. Their results have been amazing! Recently, they have began to use the gym for more advanced exercises.

ANY exercise program accompanied by a sensible diet will work. You are the key to making it work.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Hey...P90X is an advanced workout program based off an earlier program called Power 90. Yes, you are expected to be good physical condition before starting P90X because it is an advanced program. They actually have a fitness test to see if you could handle it.

I haven't done it personally, thought about getting the earlier program though, we'll see. I don't like gyms so a program like that appeals more to me then signing up for a membership I'd never use.

Any exercise program is the key. Whether it's a video, a gym, etc....it just has to fit you and be something you are willing to do to get the results you want.

If you are interested in P90X or Power 90 go to beachbody.com and check em out...they also have tons of others that you may prefer.

B-
  • greekgyrl02
    greekgyrl02 Posts: 123
    Options
    These workouts are hardcore and for advanced people...there great! But be careful