Lower than 'low' energy levels...

Options
I posted this on a different board, but I was curious about what the world of MFP had to say about it.

"Everyday, I try to do a P90X workout. However, I'll need to eat something before doing P90X, or I'll pass out during a workout. So, I eat the recovery "meal" right before and wait an hour before doing my workout. However, it never fails that I fall asleep within that hour. I don't know why, but I always fall asleep after eating...always. I'll even fall asleep standing up, I think. Anyway, I fell asleep sitting up...I just woke up 20 minutes ago and I'm upset that I ate so many calories to keep up my energy for me not to burn any of it off...I feel like a pig and I feel like my diet will never workout at this rate. I think it's bad that I have 0 to -2301894% energy after eating, even during breakfast or lunch at school. I always associated this feeling to big meals only.. I don't even eat a lot for me to feel so drowsy. I feel this way after a mere granola bar and some yogurt... I don't think I have any sort of illness, but at any rate, can I still lose weight? I ate a lot of calories yesterday and I missed a workout.. I recorded it on my log because I was sure that I would be able to complete it..."

Replies

• LadyNanci
    LadyNanci Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    You should probably get checked for low thyroid and diabetes or hypoglycemia.

I would not eat a recovery meal before doing exercise. It seems like that might be too much to eat beforehand. I would suggest maybe just eating a piece of string cheese or a small bit of protein and then start with a less strenuous workout and work your way up.