I feel like giving up...

Options
I started my Herbalife diet on the 6th of June. I do my two shakes a day, one good meal, and snacks in between. I drink lots of water and have been exercising regularly. I have gained 8lbs since i started. Maybe it's just me, but something seems wrong here. Is anyone else having this problem?

Replies

• crobl
    crobl Posts: 380
    Options
    my own personal opinion - I have no faith in meal replacement shakes
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    You've gained eight pounds in two weeks?

Yes, give up on that crap and try losing weight by creating a calorie deficit and eating real food.
  • debo47
    debo47 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You know everyone is gonna jump on that program.....

I haven't tried that one but I am a very slow loser and tend to gain first, too. Stick with the exercise and consult one of the program people but I bet something "clicks" for you soon. Hang in there.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Gimicks don't work....eat healthy and burn more calories than you take in. Do that and you will lose weight.
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Are you on to period? it is normal to gain 5lbs or water during that time.
  • snoozypoo
    snoozypoo Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Have you been checked for thyroid conditions?
  • DaniU617
    DaniU617 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I have thought about starting many fad diets and then I think to myself "Why?"! I have been doing good with what I have been doing from the beginning and no reason to change it now :) There has been a couple times I have stalled in my weight loss journey, but I just kept plugging along and eventually made it over that hump!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Many meal replacement products are carb heavy, and some people's bodies cannot handle the carb level. You are better off finding a combination of lower calorie, lower carb, protein heavy, moderate fat foods that you enjoy eating. I eat just about the same thing for breakfast and lunch every day, and then have whatever the family is having for dinner ( just portions to fit my macros)