Time to get serious!

Options
Hello, MFP peoples!

I'm Marie.. I have lost 51 lbs over the past couple of years through a divoce, being a single mom of 2 and going to college. 51 lbs is good, but it's been very slow.. it's time to get serious. My sister recently found and told me about this site, and I always do better on sites like this one, so i'm giving it a shot. Looking forward to getting to know all of you and being there to support each other on our journey to find our healthier selves. God Bless! :love: :heart:

Replies

• prevalant
    prevalant Posts: 2
    Options
    hi. glad to meet you! I have been lazy and off track for a few months but am back today. Good luck. this is a good site.
  • GeekMomma42
    Options
    Congratulations on the 51lbs! You are full of awesome! Welcome to MFP. It's a great site. Feel free to add me if you want another supporter in your corner.
  • Drag0nTears
    Drag0nTears Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Welcome back prevalant! You can do this! :)

Thanks GeekMomma..sent an add request!
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    :smile:
    Lache pas la patate! (cajun for 'don't drop the potato' - meaning hold on to life / hang in there).
    Bonne chance (good luck).

Nino
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    This site is amazing !! I've only been on a day and it's amazing how supportive total strangers can be when united by the same goal to become happier and healthier.

Good for you that's a big accomplishment, and to have kept it off an even bigger one :):)
  • rockyvernen
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to ya :-)
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    Options
    This site is amazing !! I've only been on a day and it's amazing how supportive total strangers can be when united by the same goal to become happier and healthier.

Good for you that's a big accomplishment, and to have kept it off an even bigger one :):)
    You said it. For me, I have a great supporting wife, but logging in everyday here motivates in many ways.... it's great to take in so much information and other perspectives.
  • leahrochelle
    leahrochelle Posts: 218
    Options
    Welcome Welcome Welcome!

You have such potential, you have done so great already and time span doesnt matter.
    Feel free to add me. Im always willing to give support. :smile:
  • msgadberry
    msgadberry Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Good to see you on here! I've been here, left, and am back. :) I lost approx 50 pounds 2 years ago. Went back to school at age 40. Graduated this Spring and started a new job the month after. I've been on the new job for almost a month. I got my AAS degree and only gained around 6 pounds back in 2 years. I love to have a routine, so that's what I'm working towards now to get some more weight off.
  • Drag0nTears
    Options
    :smile:
    Lache pas la patate! (cajun for 'don't drop the potato' - meaning hold on to life / hang in there).
    Bonne chance (good luck).

Nino

thank you!
  • Drag0nTears
    Options

thank you so much! and yeah this site seems great.. I absolutely loved everything about sparkpeople..but i'm really loving the people on this one so far. I believe I am really going to enjoy this site :)
  • Drag0nTears
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to ya :-)

Thank you! :)
  • Drag0nTears
    Options
    Welcome Welcome Welcome!

You have such potential, you have done so great already and time span doesnt matter.
    Feel free to add me. Im always willing to give support. :smile:

Thank you, will add you now :)
  • Drag0nTears
    Options
    Good to see you on here! I've been here, left, and am back. :) I lost approx 50 pounds 2 years ago. Went back to school at age 40. Graduated this Spring and started a new job the month after. I've been on the new job for almost a month. I got my AAS degree and only gained around 6 pounds back in 2 years. I love to have a routine, so that's what I'm working towards now to get some more weight off.

wow, congratulations on all of your successes! and only the 6 lbs gained back in that 2 years is awesome. School is no fun, lol --- Wish you all the luck in the world, and feel free to add me! :)
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hello Dorothy! ..

I'm 'new' today too.. to TALKING on here anyway.. I have loitered and laid low for AGES!

Time for me to step up and be held accountable LOL!

Add me too if you like! :happy: