Ladies with larger thighs

Options
My husband is 30 next week and I really want to wear a nice dress( as I'm due to finish 30ds a couple of days before his party) my problem is my thighs still rub and it gets really sore. Normally I would wear leggings or tights but its quite warm here at the moment and i don't want to faint. Has anybody any ideas?

Replies

• lynnprice
    lynnprice Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    spanks that stuff in!!! or in a pinch, under armour.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Baby powder, monistat anti-chaffing cream.
  • Heather_Rider
    Heather_Rider Posts: 1,159 Member
    Options
    My husband is 30 next week and I really want to wear a nice dress( as I'm due to finish 30ds a couple of days before his party) my problem is my thighs still rub and it gets really sore. Normally I would wear leggings or tights but its quite warm here at the moment and i don't want to faint. Has anybody any ideas?

My husband works construction and has this issue due to sweating.. and he isnt even a "fat" guy! He LOVES this new friction stick from gold bond. its likea stick deoderant and stays on a long time! Hope it helps! =)
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    Rub Antipersperant on them
  • emnk5308
    emnk5308 Posts: 736
    Options
    Boxers. =) I steal a pair of his briefs and wear those. Comfy and breezy!
  • mandos78
    mandos78 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips I'm gonna spend the week researching all these and see which works best
  • meechi53
    meechi53 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Spanx has a line for Target called "assets" and they have a really good mid-thigh "shaper". Its comfy and I actually use them every day when I wear dresses in the summer because I have, and always will have ''thigh rub"
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Bodyglide! It's an anti-chafe balm that looks like a stick of deodorant. I use it when I run and also on hot days when I'm wearing a dress.
  • butterflylover527
    butterflylover527 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    I wear comfy shorts that I would wear to bed that don't ride up
  • jagwab
    jagwab Posts: 93
    Options
    another vote for Body Glide.
  • Guisma
    Guisma Posts: 215
    Options
    this might sound stupied .... but u can cut up some stockings .... and go to the bathroom and take them off before he sees it :P :drinker:
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Bodyglide! It's an anti-chafe balm that looks like a stick of deodorant. I use it when I run and also on hot days when I'm wearing a dress.

I wear bodyglide ALL THE DAMN TIME!! Whenever I wear shorts or skirts, it def goes on my inner thighs. That stuff is awesome!
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    BodyGlide!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

My husband works construction and has this issue due to sweating.. and he isnt even a "fat" guy! He LOVES this new friction stick from gold bond. its likea stick deoderant and stays on a long time! Hope it helps! =)

i shud try this!
  • chrystee
    chrystee Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I wear tight biking shorts.
  • shoobz
    shoobz Posts: 119
    Options
    My best friend advised rubbing a little bio oil on there - helps with the chafing like you wouldn't BELIEVE, and, y'know, stretchmarks...

Anyway, Bio Oil!
  • muchadoaboutme2000
    muchadoaboutme2000 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    The Gold Bond stick is great, Anti-Monkey Butt is awesome and Body Glide is best. All can be found at Walgreen's :) I wear spanks whenever I can, sometimes even when working out. Shhhh, don't tell. :laugh:
  • OnWisconsin84
    OnWisconsin84 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Spanx has a line for Target called "assets" and they have a really good mid-thigh "shaper". Its comfy and I actually use them every day when I wear dresses in the summer because I have, and always will have ''thigh rub"

^^ I used to wear these!! Great value & work very well :smile: Can get a little hot though...
  • Anu_mee13
    Anu_mee13 Posts: 73
    Options
    Baby powder/Vaseline
  • jodycoady
    jodycoady Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    a small container of baby powder in your purse can really help...but you may need to re-apply after a little while...