Time to get serious!

Hello, MFP peoples!

I'm Marie.. I have lost 51 lbs over the past couple of years through a divoce, being a single mom of 2 and going to college. 51 lbs is good, but it's been very slow.. it's time to get serious. My sister recently found and told me about this site, and I always do better on sites like this one, so i'm giving it a shot. Looking forward to getting to know all of you and being there to support each other on our journey to find our healthier selves. God Bless! :love: :heart:

Replies

• prevalant
    prevalant Posts: 2
    hi. glad to meet you! I have been lazy and off track for a few months but am back today. Good luck. this is a good site.
  • Congratulations on the 51lbs! You are full of awesome! Welcome to MFP. It's a great site. Feel free to add me if you want another supporter in your corner.
  • Drag0nTears
    Drag0nTears Posts: 14 Member
    Welcome back prevalant! You can do this! :)

Thanks GeekMomma..sent an add request!
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    :smile:
    Lache pas la patate! (cajun for 'don't drop the potato' - meaning hold on to life / hang in there).
    Bonne chance (good luck).

Nino
  • Welcome and good luck to ya :-)
  • 13inchestogo
    13inchestogo Posts: 296 Member
    This site is amazing !! I've only been on a day and it's amazing how supportive total strangers can be when united by the same goal to become happier and healthier.

Good for you that's a big accomplishment, and to have kept it off an even bigger one :):)
  • CajunNino
    CajunNino Posts: 269
    This site is amazing !! I've only been on a day and it's amazing how supportive total strangers can be when united by the same goal to become happier and healthier.

Good for you that's a big accomplishment, and to have kept it off an even bigger one :):)
    You said it. For me, I have a great supporting wife, but logging in everyday here motivates in many ways.... it's great to take in so much information and other perspectives.
  • leahrochelle
    leahrochelle Posts: 218
    Welcome Welcome Welcome!

You have such potential, you have done so great already and time span doesnt matter.
    Feel free to add me. Im always willing to give support. :smile:
  • msgadberry
    msgadberry Posts: 9 Member
    Good to see you on here! I've been here, left, and am back. :) I lost approx 50 pounds 2 years ago. Went back to school at age 40. Graduated this Spring and started a new job the month after. I've been on the new job for almost a month. I got my AAS degree and only gained around 6 pounds back in 2 years. I love to have a routine, so that's what I'm working towards now to get some more weight off.
  • Drag0nTears
    :smile:
    Lache pas la patate! (cajun for 'don't drop the potato' - meaning hold on to life / hang in there).
    Bonne chance (good luck).

Nino

thank you!
  • Drag0nTears

thank you so much! and yeah this site seems great.. I absolutely loved everything about sparkpeople..but i'm really loving the people on this one so far. I believe I am really going to enjoy this site :)
  • Drag0nTears
    Welcome and good luck to ya :-)

Thank you! :)
  • Drag0nTears
    Welcome Welcome Welcome!

You have such potential, you have done so great already and time span doesnt matter.
    Feel free to add me. Im always willing to give support. :smile:

Thank you, will add you now :)
  • Drag0nTears
    Good to see you on here! I've been here, left, and am back. :) I lost approx 50 pounds 2 years ago. Went back to school at age 40. Graduated this Spring and started a new job the month after. I've been on the new job for almost a month. I got my AAS degree and only gained around 6 pounds back in 2 years. I love to have a routine, so that's what I'm working towards now to get some more weight off.

wow, congratulations on all of your successes! and only the 6 lbs gained back in that 2 years is awesome. School is no fun, lol --- Wish you all the luck in the world, and feel free to add me! :)
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Hello Dorothy! ..

I'm 'new' today too.. to TALKING on here anyway.. I have loitered and laid low for AGES!

Time for me to step up and be held accountable LOL!

Add me too if you like! :happy: