How skinny is too skinny? I need opinions...

Options
Originally I thought I wanted to lose about 40 pounds total, but, considering that may shrink me to an undesireable body frame, I've decided to ask you all what you think. :flowerforyou:

Without knowing my weight, how much should I aim to lose before I look bad/waif-like? (An estimate is perfect!)

70aqyp.jpg

e19svt.jpg

Replies

• cathycraw1986
    cathycraw1986 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    you look great!
  • kgprice11
    kgprice11 Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    You look amazing to begin with I don't know why you would want to lose that much!!! Dang I can see you wanting to lose 5-10 maybe even 15 lbs. You should feel good about yourself and when you look in the mirror you should be like "I look fine" haha well good luck and stay who you want to be not want other people want you to be. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    I would say work on body composition, not weight. Your body fat doesn't look that high. Lift some weights!
  • chuisle
    chuisle Posts: 1,052 Member
    Options
    It all has to do with body fat. Probably at this point what you want to do is look "toned'. Look at these and then decide on a body fat percentage goal. From there you can figure out a weight loss goal.

http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages

So this will involve: figuring out your body fat right now. Calculating how much less *fat* you need to get to desired percentage. Take that fat loss goal and there it is.
  • hothodgie
    hothodgie Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I would say none, just work on toning and strength training. That will tighten up any soft areas on you. I say when bones protrude, you are too thin.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I think you look pretty hot as it is. Maybe, 10-15 lbs.
  • purplegoboom
    purplegoboom Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I think you actually look good, are you doing any weight training?
  • majordlite
    majordlite Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I think you look pretty darned awesome and don't think you should lose any weight. :-) But no more than 5 lbs for sure, if you feel you must...really.
  • rock4433
    rock4433 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You dont need to lose much at all, if any....would just be up to you to decide what weight you feel the most comfortable at...definately not 40!!!! no where close to that!! :smile:
  • DeeVanderbles
    DeeVanderbles Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    you look great!
    I agree. Just tone up a bit.

That being said. I'd suggest finding a BMI index and shooting for the "normal" range for your age and height. There are a lot of variables that go into "how much" you should aim to lose and you haven't given us any of them.
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    you don't look like you need to lose weight. If you want to get firmer or definition lift heavy weights. Eat your TDEE and lift. You will burn body fat and your muscles will pop through.
  • Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Wow!! I'm thinking more focus on some weight training and sit ups for definition rather than weight loss. You look great. What would make you perfect is some muscle which will make you look more compact.
  • LivetoRun07
    LivetoRun07 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look really awesome!!! Maybe instead of focusing on losing weight focus more on tone? I really don't think you have much to lose, but you need to be happy with yourself and find what works for you! =)
  • patmegkaren
    patmegkaren Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Are you crazy? If I had your body, I would not want to lose any weight. If anything, just maintain and do what you enjoy. You already look great, don't kill yourself to be something you are not. I have always been voluptuous and the one time I dropped down to like size 4, everybody guys and girls were telling me I didn't look right. Don't be critical of yourself, embrace the curves you have and be reasonable about your body. People try too hard to be something they're not and then they become obsessed and sometimes that can just be counterproductive.
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I think you look great already. Maybe 10 lbs at the most.
  • small_ninja
    small_ninja Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    You look amazing to begin with I don't know why you would want to lose that much!!! Dang I can see you wanting to lose 5-10 maybe even 15 lbs. You should feel good about yourself and when you look in the mirror you should be like "I look fine" haha well good luck and stay who you want to be not want other people want you to be. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

This ^^

A 40 lb loss sounds like it'd probably put you at underweight. I'd say 10 lb at most, but you don't really have to lose any; you could just lift weights and eat lots of protein to change body comp :smile:
  • SuperAmie
    SuperAmie Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I would say work on body composition, not weight. Your body fat doesn't look that high. Lift some weights!
    ^^^^^^^^^^^This You look great!
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    Maybe 10 pounds but also start strength training so when you shed the little bit of extra fat you'll look toned. But right now you look great, so if you dont lose any, dont let it bother you.
  • Il_DaniD_lI
    Il_DaniD_lI Posts: 1,593 Member
    Options
    I'd say 10 lbs.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options

Gain some muscle first. Then maybe lose 5lbs (and any fat that you gain while gaining muscles).