Boss brought in donuts....

Options
Ok, so my office is right next to our kitchenette. My boss brings in donuts this morning. I had one earlier cause I was a bit hungry. Now each time I walk out of my office, there they are taunting me. I know I'm not hungry, but sweets are my weakness. How do I control myself to not have another one?

Replies

• kjones3535
    kjones3535 Posts: 139
    Options
    Sometimes what I do to deter myself from eating junk is figure out how long I would have to walk (since I do a lot of walking) to burn off those calories. For a glazed donut, about 250 calories, I would have to walk almost an hour. It is deinitely not worth the 1 minute it takes to eat the donut.

Good luck!
  • lauralind5
    lauralind5 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Saw this quote this morning on another thread..

"Dont give up what you want the most for something you want just now"
  • jjsupercool
    Options
    Bring a bag of apples to work and a shaker of cinnamon. When you see those donuts tempting you, cut up an apple and shake some cinnamon on it (or put some peanut butter on it) and eat it instead.
  • collectsfrogs
    collectsfrogs Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I've almost made it to lunch and I still haven't had another one. I really helped me to think of how much I have to work to burn those calories off. Also I haven't been hungry and that is one of my struggles is to not eat when I'm not hungry. And so glad I have started eating breakfast regularly, that helped me a lot too. As long as I can make it past today, I will be fine. If they are still here tomorrow, I will stick them in the microwave so I don't have to look at them. I'll let you all know how after lunch goes :)
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    I always have healthy snacks at work.....then, when the TEMPTERS come in, I can resist.

And if I DO take a donut, I'll eat it in small increments..........Cut it up, just eat a little at a time.......make it last longer!! Then, you'll feel like you really DID have a treat, and didn't deprive yourself.

OH, and LOG IT!

:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Tmeden
    Tmeden Posts: 11
    Options
    I hear your pain! At my job, they love to celebrate certain "achievements" with cake! I mean yummy, yummy cake! With gobs and gobs of cream cheese frosting! Oh man. One week, they had 3 separate celebrations, with cake every time! Then, that same week, they gave us pizza for being accident free. Oh God! I have to admit, I did have a small piece of pizza and only enjoyed a small piece of cake once. I logged them both of course as good as I could find a comparable food item. I then worked out longer that day to take care of the calories. It was really worth NOT depriving myself. I think that is actually worse in some instances.

Enjoy the odd snack here and there. We can't be too hard on ourselves. We at least are making an effort to take control of our lives....its better than eating the whole cake and doing nothing about it right??
  • Sheenamarie1221
    Options
    Someone brings us donuts EVERY Wednesday! They just dropped em off... I've gotten really good at resisting though. DEFINITELY helps to have healthy snacks, which has really been a huge part of my weight loss, i believe. Not being so hungry that I eat whatever crap is around. And, honestly, I've had my fill of donuts around here in the past lol. Bring healthy snacks! Today I brought Coconut greek yogurt, some sweet and salty mixed nuts, a peach and mozzarella string cheese. A little here and there then I have plenty of room for a good dinner and even maybe a couple more snacks later! :) Good luck! Stay strong!! :wink:
  • collectsfrogs
    collectsfrogs Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    So, I only have an hour left at work, and they aren't tempting me anymore!! Yay :drinker: Hopefully tomorrow goes just as well. I probably shouldn't have eaten the one that I had this morning, but at least it didn't turn into two, which is what I was afraid of.
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I explained to my boss that I don't eat donuts because they're unhealthy, so now when she brings in donuts for our "crew".....she also brings in fresh fruit for me. :)

Of course, no everyone has an awesome boss like I do. LOL
  • RedSkinFox
    RedSkinFox Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    i'll usually cut one in half and try to stop after eating the half. If temptation becomes too much i'll go in for the 2nd half. Sometimes you have to fool yourself into thinking you're getting seconds to help with cravings. Plus, if your kitchenette is like ours, it's a social type place and this way you get to experience the chatting just as many times as everyone else. :)
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Surely they're stale by now and have had flies on them! I hear flies either crap or lose some bodily fluid every time they land on something. This thought would keep me away from the donuts!