How skinny is too skinny? I need opinions...

Options

Replies

• Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    It all has to do with body fat. Probably at this point what you want to do is look "toned'. Look at these and then decide on a body fat percentage goal. From there you can figure out a weight loss goal.

http://www.leighpeele.com/body-fat-pictures-and-percentages

So this will involve: figuring out your body fat right now. Calculating how much less *fat* you need to get to desired percentage. Take that fat loss goal and there it is.

What she said. Definitely go by body fat at this point.

I think you look great, if I were you, I might want to lose 5-10 more lb, because I like the low 20s or high teens for body fat %.

In any case. You could go to a beach now and be one of the hotter girls there, so no more is necessary.
  • Babsvii
    Babsvii Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    you look great, i wouldn't focus on losing anymore, i would focus on lifting weights and gaining muscle! then you will tighten up your body and look fabulous!
  • poledancing_ninja
    Options
    You have a wonderful body shape. I would die to look like you! I would say weight training though just because I love weight training!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I would say 10lbs tops, pleeeeaaase do not try and lose 40lbs that would be crazy!
  • missashley884
    missashley884 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    :noway: how can u expect people to tell u how much u should lose, if they dont even know how much u weigh?
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    You look great! I can see you losing maybe 10 lbs but if you're lifting weights, you can build some muscle and keep that weight and still look better "toned".

You look fantastic btw !!
  • Bobby_Clerici
    Bobby_Clerici Posts: 1,828 Member
    Options
    I would go for what is considered "athletic" or "excellent" for a lady in terms of body fat.
    That's around 20%
    You can check here for free: http://www.scientificpsychic.com/fitness/diet.html
    female-chart.gif
  • Romans624
    Romans624 Posts: 822
    Options
    You look absolutely great as is. Maybe 5-10 lbs if you like. But if I were you I'd (a. be really happy about my bod) and b. probably focus on body composition like others said.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I would say work on body composition, not weight. Your body fat doesn't look that high. Lift some weights!

^^^ this is my thinking too! you look great!!
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    I am with the 5 lb people.

I also am with the weight training people as well. I say do some ab work and some lifting. You may want to try Jillians 30 day shred, that may be the perfect thing for you.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    As some have hinted, start lifting weights and go for a fitness look with defined abs and nice musculature.
  • lori__lynn
    lori__lynn Posts: 59
    Options
    10 at the most
  • mcpherson4
    mcpherson4 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    weights only. no more weight loss.
  • acpgranberg
    acpgranberg Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I think you look fantastic. I don't think you need to lose anything. :)
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I think you look great, I would try to tone and firm it up!
  • lucylAnneMason
    Options
    you look amazing =) i'm probably the sameish weight as you probably a bit heavier but i'm aiming for 120 pounds =)
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    too skinny is probably whatever you imagine to be too skinny. and, you are far from that now.
    est. 15lbs. but, we all have different goals. my goal is probably too thin for some.
    good luck!
  • ShellBell4281
    ShellBell4281 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    10lbs - 15 if you're going for model thin.
    I have that same bikini top, btw : )
  • Tywana
    Tywana Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    DO NOT LOOSE ANOTHER POUND!!! You look GREAT!!!! You are beautiful, you really don't need to loose anymore. If you want to look more toned I suggest some weight lifting but ou really look good. I am happy for you:flowerforyou:
  • KatieMae75
    KatieMae75 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I would say work on body composition, not weight. Your body fat doesn't look that high. Lift some weights!

^this^ How tall are you? What is your body fat %? You're beautiful, focus on your health and strength, not what a scale says.