I refuse to be over 200 lbs anymore!

Options
Hello all!
I'm 6'2 and am able to hide most of my weight fluctuations. Well, I can't anymore...none of my jeans are fitting and I'm devastated. I just turned 27 this past Sunday and I refuse to be over 200lbs anymore. My biggest issues is boredom eating and portion control. I look forward to this journey.

Blessings,

Megan

Replies

• BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!
  • KJ77493
    KJ77493 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am right there with you girl!
  • kimimila86
    kimimila86 Posts: 424
    Options
    Cheers to you and your goals! :drinker:
  • Yellabutterfly05
    Yellabutterfly05 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good for you Megan!! The first step is making the decision that you are important. Today is my first day here, so I recently had my "aha" moment. Also if you need more motivation, check out some of the "before and after pictures" posts. They are really inspiring....good luck on your journey.
  • LadyAmy20
    LadyAmy20 Posts: 137
    Options
    I'm in exactly the same situation, boredom eating and portions are so hard to control for me! Good luck to you :)
  • Eupho
    Eupho Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Hi Megan!

I'm a newbie today! (at the TALKING part anyway) ..

I too have been unable to wear my jeans for about a month! :cry:

Please feel free to add me.. and anyone else who would like an extra buddy to help each-other on this journey.. :flowerforyou:
  • EmilyMarieMo
    EmilyMarieMo Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    you can do it! Just keep reminding yourself EVERY meal is a second chance to get it right! I was over 200 lbs for about 6 years and started Jan 9, 2012 at my highest of 246.8 on a 5'3 body. I am 194 today! I promise you it feels awesome to make it back into ONEderland.... just DONT stop trying till you get where you need to be! :) high 5!
  • Mickers36
    Mickers36 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I am toootally a boredom eater.... And an emotional eater lol .... Now that I think of it I owner if I ever eat out of hunger ;) that can't be a good thing! Gooood luck !
  • dArtagnia
    dArtagnia Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Portion control is the reason I am here! Welcome!
  • angimac
    angimac Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Megan.

I refuse to be over 200 pounds ever again. I also refuse to be 300 pounds ever again.

The journey you are undertaking is not easy, but it is SO worth it.

There's a whole lot of people here who are on the same path as you. Some are farther along than you are, some are moving really fast, others are moving slowly but steadily. You'll pass some, you'll see some ahead in the distance and try your best to catch up with them. The thing is, each of them will certainly be glad to help you along your way.

Together, we got this!
  • Springer007
    Springer007 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I like your determination. It will take you far. You know what you need to do, and you want to make it happen. You are in the right place.
  • vitadluva
    vitadluva Posts: 2
    Options
    I am just beginning on this journey myself, just know that you are not alone, and good luck to you.
  • smhaze77
    smhaze77 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I hear you loud and clear. I'm 5’10" current weight 228, start weight 252. My goal is to get back to Onederland as well. I've spent a good deal of time hearing from people "you don't look like you weigh that much, and oh well you’re tall so that's why" uhm no I a lik e crap and didn't exercise all that often, that's why I weigh over 200 lbs lol. There is a group on here called Team get out of the 200s you might want to check out. Also if you're looking for new friends feel free to add me. Good luck on your journey. Blessed be.
  • kittyhug1986
    kittyhug1986 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me! I am feeling the same way!
  • banginbajan
    banginbajan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for such a warm welcome! You don't know how much your words of encouragement mean to me. It's good to know your not alone in this struggle.

Off topic-
    When tracking the exercise I'm having issues inputting pilates....any suggestions?

Thanks!
    Megan
  • mwarren
    mwarren Posts: 2
    Options
    I'm new as well and in the same boat. I've not seen the 100's in too many years. :-( We can do this!!! Feel free to add me!
  • Trishabelle12
    Trishabelle12 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You're a tall one, Megan!

I'm new too - and we can do this.

Good luck to you, me and everyone else :)
  • tprice76
    tprice76 Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm with you also. So tired of being in the over 200 category. My main goal is to be healthy, but fitting into the pants I have hanging in my room would be great too :)

I started this at 233. I am at 218 now. Kinda slow progress currently, but I refuse to give up.
  • allifantastical
    allifantastical Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. I feel the same about 200 lbs but I need to get under 300 lbs first, which I am 14 lbs away from!
  • Carllinda
    Carllinda Posts: 5
    Options
    I know the feeling. I would love to be under 200 lbs again. Feel free to add me.