How to survive a girls night

Options
Going to a girls day/night "drinking" party over the weekend. Does anyone have any tips on what to do? I want to drink, but I don't want to ruin all the hard work I put into my body over the past month...I know that vodka and crystal light is my drink of choice if I drink. Everyone else will be boozing hard and I don't want to miss out on the fun...yes, I know...but I honestly like getting drunk with my close girlfriends every now and then.

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    rum and diet coke, but rum makes me ill.
  • julieh391
    julieh391 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Get a really good workout in in the morning, eat a small breakfast with a good amount of protein and fiber to last you a while, and have fun. :)
  • RedSkinFox
    RedSkinFox Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    You could try drinking a glass of water between every drink, that way you're still "drinking" and it'll help with dehydration type hangover aftereffects.
  • lbetancourt
    lbetancourt Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    play hard & work hard
  • lisasch67
    lisasch67 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Stick to diet sodas and low cal mixers. Check out this site for calories in liquor... it gives you ratios:

getdrunknotfat.com

I too like getting drunk with my girlfriends. Sometimes I'll drink water in between drinks to save on calories. I try to make/bring healthier snacks if I can when I am drunk and want to stuff my face. I have gotten pretty good about stuffing my face with hummus and pretzels instead of sausages and french fries. I also try to get in a really big calorie burn the morning/day of the night of drinking.

Have fun! And don't beat yourself up if you indulge a little... one meal doesn't make you fat, just like one workout doesn't make you skinny.
  • LGBFA
    LGBFA Posts: 2
    Options
    In those circumstances I treat myself to Vodka and club soda and fresh lime wedge (I like 2 limes :) or try wine spritzer (white wine & club soda. Throw some fresh berries in there. That's a tough situation. Then there's the dreaded crap food that follows. Good luck!
  • Ayirela
    Ayirela Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I'm a vodka girl too!! Let me know if you work out a way to drink vodka and now blow it all. I'd love to go out for a drink but terrified that the vodka would ruin everything I want to work for. lol
  • julesassid
    julesassid Posts: 49
    Options
    Get a really good workout in in the morning, eat a small breakfast with a good amount of protein and fiber to last you a while, and have fun. :)

Great advice! Vodka, whiskey or rum with diet mixers. Just be careful also of what you eat. That is my downfall when I am drinking. Have fun!
  • kristi5224
    kristi5224 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Eat right before you start drinking. one of my problems, when I drink, is that my judgement is effected so I will start nibbling on the party food. If I head in fed I do much better. Drink a water for every cocktail. Try not to do anything stupid but we al deserve to let our hair down once in a while. I like red wine and a trainer told me it has a low glycemic index or something that made it sound healthier. Cheers.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Three big glasses of water for every alcoholic drink. Also, over-hydrate in the day leading up to the event and have a great work-out the following morning.
  • GetFitE
    GetFitE Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    Give yourself a drinking limit--keep to maybe one or two drinks. I'm don't drink, but that would be what I would do... Then again, I'm a lightweight and 1-2 drinks is my limit anyway.

But with the previous poster about drinking water in between each drink--sounds like a good idea to me.
  • fatfrost
    fatfrost Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    One for one probably won't help you all that much. Multiple glasses of water for each alcoholic drink is the way to go.
  • carriek85
    carriek85 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    thanks! I will get a good workout in, bring some healthy dips w-veggies, and late night health foods :). I plan on drinking water in between each drink...it will help w-the hangover too! thanks for helping me not feel so guilty!!!
  • heatherina1983
    Options
    I also drink vodka, soda and lime, yum!
  • christy_frank
    christy_frank Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Bacardi & Diet Coke.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Will you be dancing? I find on when I go clubbing I can drink all I want (vodka and lemonade) and with the hours of dancing it makes no difference to my weight.

I've also found out that due to drinking so much water now than I ever have I don't get a hangover....wish I'd known this years ago lol!
  • ebenso1
    ebenso1 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Just this weekend we had a class reunion for my husband and we partied like it was 1987! OMG! I haven't tied one on like that in a long time, we even went out to breakfast at 3:30 am and I didn't hold back. I was suprised when I got on the scale and hadn't gained a single pound! I added up my calories from alcoholic drinks and it came to 1650 calories! Yikes! My point being, don't worry too much about it. You have to live and have fun. If you don't allow yourself a binge every now and then you will be depriving yourself. Enjoy, drink and eat what you want and get right back on the wagon on Monday!
  • danabrash
    danabrash Posts: 67
    Options
    Drink till you puke it all up anyway? :devil:
    :drinker:
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Drink. Party, Have Fun!!! Work hard when your done. Drink a lot of water before and after drinking and dance your booty off! LOL:drinker:
  • Cassaaaaandra
    Cassaaaaandra Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Great advice - I love all the suggestions. My problem isn't finding low calorie alcoholic beverages....it's avoiding the catastrophic "who gives a crap" attitude with food once I'm a couple drinks in :o)