In search of motivational friends started 6/25/12

Hi all. Please join me in motivating one another to lose weight. I have been contemplation WLS for the past 2 years and now im 2 months away from approval, but im having alot of doubts now. My friend told me about MFP and so far (started 3 days ago) i feel so inspired to try to do this on my own. My problem is eating the right food! I'm a great cook (Mexican food) but its not healthy at all and im kinda getting sick of Chicken breast and salad. So any help, ideas and motivation is appreciated :)

Replies

• larisapurdy
    larisapurdy Posts: 2 Member
    Hello,

I'll be your friend :)
  • Browneyedgirl140
    Browneyedgirl140 Posts: 102 Member
    Hi! Feel free to send me a friend request. I too love to cook mexican food but it is not the healthiest. I am slowly finding way to alter the recipe or eat smaller portions.
  • clarkabees
    clarkabees Posts: 1 Member
    I to joined 6/25. I am in search of motivational friends as well. I do not like to cook, except when I want to.;) I hate to be a food nazi but if I don't stay focuse for now I'll forget and then find my self eating and doing whatever...so let's hang in there and stick with it! We know what we want!!
  • dreal05
    dreal05 Posts: 4
    Hey , count me in !!! I just started about a week and a half ago and I have been doing ok. I don't cook Mexican food , but I love eating it. : ) Anyways , Using MFP has been great so far. I am not restricting myself from eating the stuff I like but I have been controlling my portions and eating more often. So far , I've lost about a pound. I'm looking to lose the weight slowly , so I don't get overwhelmed by dieting and extreme exercising. Good luck !