Help!!

Options
Hello Everyone =)
So I was just wondering if anyone had any decent advice on weight loss. I really dont have a whole lot to lose in order to reach my goal. Im 5'5'' and at my heaviest, I was 164. Im currently 150. But Im really stuck at this weight and Im getting discouraged =( Ive been trying to eat right and exercise. Ive even hired a trainer once a week. But Im stuck. Any advice would be appreciated!!
Thanks for listening =)

Replies

• MizSaz
    MizSaz Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Eat less, eat better, move more. :)

Have you been doing the same workout for a while? You might just need a good shake up.
  • sanjdee
    sanjdee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am the same height and was the same weight as you. I also had the same problem; doing everything possible but the weight would not budge. Ever since I started doing hot yoga twice per week, in addition to working out ( weights/cardio) 4 days per week. The weight slowly started to fall off. I'm own 5lbs now an have another 8 to go. If you have hot yoga in your area, give it a try. I love it and have been addicted ever since. Good luck!!
  • melb2003
    melb2003 Posts: 198
    Options
    I agree with the above, sometimes changing up your routine might kick-start your body back to weight loss. Eating just a little less and exercising more might help too. Another thing that has helped me when I reach a plateau is watching my sodium intake. You'd be amazed at how many things that are "healthy" and have TONS of sodium. Ever since I started watching the sodium with everything else, I haven't hit a plateau yet (knock on wood).
  • blinkinglight
    Options
    What does "eat right and exercise" mean? What, specifically, are you eating daily and what do you do for exercise and how often?
  • lungti29
    lungti29 Posts: 28
    Options
    I agree that a shake up is due. Switch up your exercise.......try adding a few more calories for a few days.......your body needs some confusion I'd bet!!! Otherwise, hang in there emotionally. It's tough and I totally understand the feeling, but you will come out on the other side........and there will probably be a little less of you there.
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    take you measurements and work hard to reach the goal shape you want to be. ignore the scale, it is a tricky bully that will discourage you if you let it.

I gained back 10 lbs over the last month, but I lost 6 inches so despite what the scale said I am still moving in the right direction :flowerforyou:
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options

Have you been doing the same workout for a while? You might just need a good shake up.

This lol
  • jbing07
    jbing07 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    One thing to remember is you need to have a cheat day as well to "confuse" your body, otherwise if you do the same thing all the time, your body is getting too used to it. Change up your exercises, walk days or do a lot of circuit training and be sure to rest from exercise at least 1 day. You can do it.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,022 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else change things up a bit. In addition to trying a new workout maybe hot yoga You might also try calorie zig zagging. Eating 400 more calories one day and maybe 400 less the next to average out what your calorie goal is. Hope that made sense
  • Beatrix0810
    Beatrix0810 Posts: 138
    Options
    Eat CLEAN (not less), eat MORE OFTEN (not less often) and try to do something every day (even if it's just a walk). You should be eating every three to four hours (six small meals) plus a protein rich snack after working out. Try to get your carbs from fruits and veggies, get your protein from meats (or a protein shake suppliment or a combo of both), and get your fats from sources like peanut butter or olive oil (in moderation) or yogurt.

The less often you eat, the more MUSCLE your body will break down and use as fuel. If you're feeding your body it will stop hoarding all the fat and leave your muscle intact. Try that for about a month and see how it goes.

I'd also try adding heavy weight lifting to your routine. Muscle burns more calories than fat so you want to get as much lean mass as you can and start burning that fat.

Good luck!
  • mooremanager
    mooremanager Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im in the same boat. Im trying cross training and a different eating pattern.
  • Beatrix0810
    Beatrix0810 Posts: 138
    Options
    One thing to remember is you need to have a cheat day as well to "confuse" your body, otherwise if you do the same thing all the time, your body is getting too used to it. Change up your exercises, walk days or do a lot of circuit training and be sure to rest from exercise at least 1 day. You can do it.

My nutritionist tells me it's a cheat MEAL, as opposed to a cheat DAY. You don't want to spend an entire day eating poorly but one cheat MEAL a week is good for you. I agree with everything else you've said though. All very good advice.
  • timd50
    timd50 Posts: 19 Member
    Options

You don't "need" a cheat day. I've had a couple cheat days in the 3 months I've been on MFP, but nothing regular. Usually "cheat day" just means I drank that day. I also haven't changed my exercise cycle at all. And I'm down almost 60 pounds. Cheat days are good not because your body "needs" to be shaken out of routine, but because they make it easier to stay motivated. Its hard for a lot of people to be dieting 24/7, cheat days give you a break.

For women, a lot of the time a weight loss stall is because, for whatever reason, weight seems to come off in spurts. You also are stuck with the fact that women tend to have lower TDEE's just out of the genetic side, meaning you have to work harder to lose a pound then I do. Kinda ****ty, but what can ya do about it.

Eating "clean" won't help you lose weight on its own. Eating "clean" is nice because veggies and the like are filling and low calorie, but if you eat 2000 calories of healthy food, you aren't going to lose weight. The advise I would give is to try to change up your macros a bit. Try to reduce sugars if you find yourself eating a lot of them. Upping protein is never bad, and try to get some more fiber in your diet for satiety.
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    Need to see your diary!
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options

This lol

hmmmmmmmm

I went with the eat more, move more movement.....
    lift weights and run
  • timeforsomethingsweet
    timeforsomethingsweet Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone!!!
  • ben_running
    Options
    Here's some advice you may explore. http://eatmore2weighless.com/
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!